How many gallons of gas will it take to fill up when the gas gauge starts flashing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I 'think" the Gen II bikes have a circulating system (return line to the tank) so there should be no issue if they are run empty.
Not that it matters in context to the OP's question, but the Gen II is the NON-circulating version. No return line to the tank but as you indicated, no diff in what happens if you run it dry.

because the fuel level is measured by a float, attached to a bendy wire, each bike can be a little different. rest assured it will be somewhere between zero and 10 gallons.

The nice thing about watching that gauge count up the miles and wondering if you'll really make it to the next town is the little rush of adrenaline that makes you forget all about your aching ass from being in the saddle for 250 miles...

The answer to the original question is 5 gals. ( give or take 1/10th for the float and bendy wire installed by the Gorilla that installed my oil plug )

I'm not he man SkooterG is but I have went just north of 60 miles on reserve, if I recall, took about 6.2 gals to fill up at that point.

When you get into reserve, the bike will chug ( starve for fuel ) under hard acceleration, the closer you get to "E" the more chuging.