How not to ride a 2009 fjr for free

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zorkler

Ave U !!!!
Reaction score
Just came back from the S.C Bike show Very small compared to the n.y.c. show ,less venders less customs builders . When to the demo trailer for yamaha and did not see any fjr , There was a group of riders getting there safety talk for there ride out listened its a 20 minute ride sounded like 80 percent hwy. after the safety guy was finished i asked him where are the fjrs? We put them in the truck allready *&^_@! it only 12 oclock well we have to go to the next site so we put them in . I replyed yamaha calls for fjrs to be demo fri, sat and sun. The guy had no answer for me that was any good . Next KTM sir put me in for a 1190rc8 there top of the line sport bike goes for 15k , Sorry its all booked up _*^%#@ . Hey i see a Ducati truck take a walk over no top end bikes at all , looked like there monster thats it . Kawaie time sir put me in for the conie 14 cant do it all booked up sir how many 14 do you have his reply 3 . So i am FUCKED . Also my camera did not work and i was pissed off at that ,also the ducati 36k bike was there HOT . Hondas chopper does not look bad when its fitted with there add ons ,The rear sticker that states fury looks like it cost 75 cents and you can peel it off with your finger . Honda interceptor really looks great it 800cc. Also the vintage bikes were cool . Kevin Schwantz was there recived his autograph . H is school is being moved to barber motorsports park in Alabama starting march 30 telephone # 1 866 223 5649.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, this is about the way Daytona was last year. Very few bikes, and even if you get a ride, it's around the block at 35mph. This is how you plan to sell bikes?

What a waste of time. I'm not going to bother with Daytona ever again, even though I'm in Orlando. I actually bought my FJR in Tennessee because the dealer let me test ride one while I was there for the Hoot.

Just came back from the S.C Bike show Very small compared to the n.y.c. show ,less venders less customs builders . When to the demo trailer for yamaha and did not see any fjr , There was a group of riders getting there safety talk for there ride out listened its a 20 minute ride sounded like 80 percent hwy. after the safety guy was finished i asked him where are the fjrs? We put them in the truck allready *&^_@! it only 12 oclock well we have to go to the next site so we put them in . I replyed yamaha calls for fjrs to be demo fri, sat and sun. The guy had no answer for me that was any good . Next KTM sir put me in for a 1190rc8 there top of the line sport bike goes for 15k , Sorry its all booked up _*^%#@ . Hey i see a Ducati truck take a walk over no top end bikes at all , looked like there monster thats it . Kawaie time sir put me in for the conie 14 cant do it all booked up sir how many 14 do you have his reply 3 . So i am FUCKED . Also my camera did not work and i was pissed off at that ,also the ducati 36k bike was there HOT . Hondas chopper does not look bad when its fitted with there add ons ,The rear sticker that states fury looks like it cost 75 cents and you can peel it off with your finger . Honda interceptor really looks great it 800cc. Also the vintage bikes were cool . Kevin Schwantz was there recived his autograph . H is school is being moved to barber motorsports park in Alabama starting march 30 telephone # 1 866 223 5649.
:dribble:

I didn't ride one and it wasn't nearly that complicated...

:p

I went to the show too. It started off kinda rough. I stayed in the Hyatt Place. I checked in before I found out that there were 6 high school wrestling teams there. Fucking kids ran up and down the halls and beat on the doors every ten minutes. I dont mean knock so that someone might answer, I mean beat on it like their life depended on it and kept beating on it until it was opened. They were 4 doors down and woke me up. The front desk handled it though.

The two static demo bikes in the show were nice. I talked with the factory reps for a while. I was told that they didnt even bring the FJRs to this show. They were all based out of an office that is within walking distance of my home.

The honda chopper was nice. Very surprising how comfortable it was. It must not be photogenic because it is quite pretty in person.

I sat on a fully equipped Gold Wing and it was bizarre. The Grumman F-14 doesnt have as many buttons, switches and knobs on the throttle and stick as this thing does. It is comfortable, very heavy but amazingly well balanced.

The honda morphodite sport-scooter was another surprise. It looks like a sports bike from the front, has a CVT transmission, no clutch handle, a button for neutral and drive and the seating position is like the chopper. All in all, it feels nice. There may be a few steriotypes that they will have to break down but Honda may have something with it.

I sat on that $31,000 Orange Harley. It was a desk on wheels. I just dont get the appeal.

I was at the show too. Some notes:

The Honda morphed thing was surprisingly comfortable. The Fury looked like a Saturday night bar hopper- no range. The mirrors still suck on the ST 1300 but I like the glare-reducing dash shelf. The Goldwing is just plain confusing....

The HDs are HDs. Move along, nothing new to see here. Indians fit in this group.

The new Kawi 1700 looks and feels like a ferry boat- short, fat, squat POS. The C14 is unchanged for '09- [for me] too tall, too top heavy.

The Victory Vegas and Kingpin I really liked- well balanced, light feeling. The Vision is a heavy, clumsy monstrosity.

There were many sporties I'd love to have in addition to the FJR either for fun or economics.

Overall, it was worth it for me to go. I'd never been to one before so it was a learning experience. I also learned that there's really no point in going to another. Unlike the vast majority of people I chatted with I was not there shopping for a new bike or looking for something different. No other machine even remotely enticed me to sell the FJR and buy something else. And I learned that I'm one of "those people". Several folks actually said that. "Those people". I also found out what that means: the kind of people who wanna ride. And know what they want in a bike. And are willing to pay for it. And get pissed off when mfrs don't provide it. So they just find some way to do it themselves. So they can just ride. These were all comments I heard about S/T riders in general. I learned that of other riders: cruisers think we're "hardcore". Sporties don't care. Tourers think we're nucking futs.

Its interesting, I told the Yamaha rep about the Iron butt rally where 7 of the top 10 bikes that finished were FJRs and he had never heard of it. In fact, he had never heard of an Iron butt. I explained it to him in broad terms and that these riders consider a 150 mile trip 'short'. He had no idea.

My experience has been, if you want to demo ride, arrive early. Last fall at Daytona, I arrived at 7:40, went from one line to another and got signed up for 3 rides during the day. At BMW national rallies, riders start lining up as early as 6am. If you show up at 9, you won't find much left I plan to arrive early at the demo line next week.