How to find factory paint code, '06?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark G

Reaction score
I need the factory, not Color-Rite, paint code for my '06. I was surprised to note it's not under the seat on a sticker.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

EDIT: YAMAHA WILL NOT RELEASE THEIR CODE. THEY REFER YOU TO THE COLOR-RITE WEB SITE. THE CODE ON THE COLOR-RITE SITE IS PROPRIETARY, AND CANNOT BE USED BY YOUR LOCAL PAINTER TO MATCH. SOCAL MIKE'S REPLY TO MY ORIGINAL QUESTION IS CORRECT. INTERESTING, HOW DIFFERENT COMPANIES HANDLE STUFF LIKE THIS. LOOK UNDER A VFR SEAT, AND THERE'S THE PAINT CODE, ON A STICKER.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need the factory, not Color-Rite, paint code for my '06. I was surprised to note it's not under the seat on a sticker.
Can anyone help?

Thanks.
Here are the FJR paint codes for the '06. You can find the paint codes for all the prior years on this website too:

Color Rite Paints

Ok, this is embarrassing to admit Mark but I didn't read through your whole post. I saw in your thread header that you were looking for paint codes and I was in a big rush so I just hit the "quote" button and sent you the very info that you said you didn't want (Color Rite codes).

Oops, sorry for the screw up. -Mike :blink:

Ok, this is embarrassing to admit Mark but I didn't read through your whole post. I saw in your thread header that you were looking for paint codes and I was in a big rush so I just hit the "quote" button and sent you the very info that you said you didn't want (Color Rite codes).
Oops, sorry for the screw up. -Mike :blink:
I can never forgive you.

Actually, you were right, as shown in the edited original post. Yama will not release the paint code. You have to go through Color-Rite.

The paint code I will be using to paint my '06 racks and backrests is 114042. This is a PPG Deltron 2000 BC/CC recipe. It is very close - maybe a smidgen on the dark side...