How to get at Air Filter on an AE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

W.M.-Millman

Reaction score
On my '07 AE I was wanting to check out the air cleaner. Got it all apart all the way down to one last screw which is behind the terminal for the shifting motor (at least I think it is the shifting motor). Does that terminal unplug? I tug on it gently but didn't want to force it.

Last edited by a moderator:
On my '07 AE I was wanting to check out the air cleaner. Got it all apart all the way down to one last screw which is behind the terminal for the shifting motor (at least I think it is the shifting motor). Does that terminal unplug? I tug on it gently but didn't want to force it.
The connector does not unplug. do not attempt to disconnect it. I had the same problem, the wire has to be fed in only one way to get the cover to mate with the box. keep fumbling with it and you will be able to find the correct path to full seating of the cover. I could never describe the path but there is one and it took me several frustrating minutes to get it closed. be patient!.np

I removed the shift assembly. It is very easy to do. Remove the linkage bolt then the 2 bolts that hold the assembly to the frame and the whole assembly comes off. Simply set it to the side and you have full access.

I removed the shift assembly. It is very easy to do. Remove the linkage bolt then the 2 bolts that hold the assembly to the frame and the whole assembly comes off. Simply set it to the side and you have full access.
Thanks Barry appreciate your time