How to mount a GPS

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afterburn

Modding Mechanic
Reaction score
I have seen a lot of different ways to mount a Garmin GPS on the FJR come by, but I wanted to show my solution. Obviously I find this the most elegant solution, but then again it's my bike. ;)

Img2006-01-14%20143121.jpg

Img2006-01-14%20143204.jpg

Img2006-01-14%20143229.jpg

This is a piece of kit I bought from GadgetGuy for my VFR, and have adapted for use on my FJR. (Didn't want to buy a new kit) It's not a cheap solution, but it looks very nice, is very well made quality machined piece and holds the unit without movement.

I recognized the qualifty of these components the first time I saw them. That is why I sell them on my site. Here are a couple of shots of my FJR1300 with the GPS mounted.

cockpit.jpg

gps_mount.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, they are excellent. And a nice guy with great service to boot. Good to see others appreciate his work too.

Do they come witht the option of extra-long bolts for those of use you have risers?

Last edited by a moderator:
Will this work with the new 06? I have one on order (I should be first) and would like to have my farkles all lined up. I was going to use the stem mount, but this looks like it may be better.

However, IIRC, the 06 has some adjustment in the bars, and that makes me wonder if this mount will work. Any ideas?

Will this work with the new 06? I have one on order (I should be first) and would like to have my farkles all lined up. I was going to use the stem mount, but this looks like it may be better.
However, IIRC, the 06 has some adjustment in the bars, and that makes me wonder if this mount will work. Any ideas?
I noticed at the bike show that there are no mounting bolts visible on the '06 bars. If this is the case on the production bikes, that mounting will not work.