How to remove an Audiovox CCS-100

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill

Reaction score
My 2006 already had an Audiovox CCS-100 installed, by Smitty, when I purchased it in 2007 so I never had the installation instructions or saw how it was installed.

It stopped working months ago and I really didn't use it enough to go through all the necessary steps to find out why, much less fix it.

Consequently, I want to remove the unit from my bike but don't have a clue how to go about doing it. Yesterday, I was checking the Throttle Body Synchronization and pulled the Audiovox vacuum hose from the #3 nipple and replaced it with a rubber cap but that's just a tiny little step and I'd really like to just get the entire unit off my bike.

Can anyone explain the steps necessary to remove the unit?

Bill, follow your vacume line back to the AVCC unit, remove the unit and trace out the wires and remove those, lastly, trace out the control cable to throttle rail, remove the bracket and cable from the rail at the return spring location, Simple!

FWFE

That seems simple enough. Additionally, I've bookmarked some threads that contained really simple directions for how to initially install a CCS-100 so I'll use your directions to help me follow theirs in reverse.

Thanks for the assistance

Last edited by a moderator: