Howie Mainwaring gets his best opportunity to date.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feejer222

Reaction score
I am elated to anounce that Howie has at last been recognised by a quality backer and has been given the chance that he deserves.

LINK

The youngest ever rider in the BSB and the first rider to win in the UK on an MV Augusta for over 30 years, he bounced back from a 180mph crash last year and many injuries and dissapointments over the years, only briefly being allowed to show the genius that I believe he is. I don't say that lightly, I have been involved with racing on and off for 35 years and have watched many riders. You know when someone is naturally talented at any sport, they just look at ease with it. Thats how this kid looks to me on a bike. To top that he is a 4th generation racer, his dad, grandfather and great grandfather all raced at the TT. His dad, Steve Mainwaring raced in the Transatlantic trophy races in the latter years of their existence. Howie won his first championship aged 6 and went on to take regional junior titles on dirt bikes and karts throughout his school years. He is now 22.

I live only 20 miles from the family and have had the pleasure, and frustration of being a small sponsor of Howie and made attempts at PR for him from time to time.

Lets hope he can shine this year, his dad tells me that the ride comes with a promise of test rides on the Rizla BSB Supebikes if he lives up to his potential.

Fingers crossed.

Another reason for me that this year is going to be a great racing season.

Watch out guys, Howie's creeping up behind you!

Howiepee-po.jpg
Howie2.jpg

mvs2yg9.jpg
Howie-1.jpg

2ndthruxtonb.jpg
HowieOulton05c.jpg

howiebrandsc.jpg
Howiejump.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: