Hugger

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A guy in India is fabricating an FJR hugger with mounting brackets . I have it mounted and it looks slick.I'll check it out on my x country ride coming up next week.

I put one on my 2012.

I just have not had it on for long.

Need to ride in the rain for a couple of days to see if it helps or not.

It did mount on easily.

Bought one from Greece, fitted well BUT the mounting bracket that attaches to the brake arm bolt moves.

Ended up with a worn hugger as it wore down on the tyre, the whole lot twisted down on the RHS.

I may make up a better bracket and re-shape the end of the hugger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought one from Greece, fitted well BUT the mounting bracket that attaches to the brake arm bolt moves.

Ended up with a worn hugger as it wore down on the tyre, the whole lot twisted down on the RHS.

Same thing happened to the one I put on except I notice the misalignment before it wore down on the tire.

The twisting to speak of happens when you tighten up the nut on the axle pull on the bracket and twists it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Same thing happened to the one I put on except I notice the misalignment before it wore down on the tire.

The twisting you speak of happens when you tighten up the nut on the axle pulling on the bracket and twists it.