Hurricane IKE and EOM

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GalaxyBlue

Reaction score
Hey all,

Anyone concerned that IKE will turn and soak EOM? I know it's WAY early, But they are predicting landfall sometime friday and i know how these things like to stall out.

Shame on me for even thinking these nasty thoughts

(insert hiding under chair smiley here)

Counting on it.

Friday last year, jwilly managed to get us 120+ miles from Lewisburg when the rain started...

Funny story able brand loyalty; I was at a VFR meet a few years ago and they got rained out one of the days; My partner & I rode anyways that day. That afternoon while they were sitting in the hotel conference room watching a Tailofthedragon / killboy DVD, I pointed out (being one of the few rider who did venture out that day) that the main difference between VFR & FJR gatherings is that at a VFR meet, they watch & talk about riding, and at a FJR meet, we just ride. Gotta get your digs in when you can.

Edit: Ike is projected to move through the Gulf, maybe that will minimize the impact on the WV area vs. an Atlantic coast landfall...???

Last edited by a moderator:
No worries. Fencer will serve as our ground control and provide up to the minute tracking of all rainfall activity while we're there.

:)

Well, I guess I'll be packing my hair dryer. Not that I have any hair to use it on, but they are excellent for drying out boots and gloves.

Looks like the gulf to me. Hopefully it will go way west. East could be interesting. Guess we'll see by week's end.

Well, I guess I'll be packing my hair dryer. Not that I have any hair to use it on, but they are excellent for drying out boots and gloves.
Don't worry the B Inn has them in every room.

I doubt it if Ike will pose any EOM threat... but in the past 2 EOM's were threatened by hurricanes. Hopefully, we be good, mon!.. because it has happened!

One more day and we start to get on the 10 day forcast for Lewisburg.

10 Day Forecast

Edited 9-11-08 to update link. Looking better every day!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's lookin' like Ike will be headed for Houston... Bittersweet.

Gas will probably shoot up to $5 for EOM...YAY

Ummm isn't EOM on the 19th? and Ike is gonna hit on the 12th..........? just sayin. do the math.

I just took a look at the projected path for Ike. It looks like we may not even end up with rain from this event. Good news for us folks, eh?

:clapping: Just looked at the 10 day weather and looks like it is raining on Wednesday and Thursday. I guess I will get that ride in the rain I have been wanting all summer in the heat. :yahoo: