Hwy 92 in WV

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikemcycle

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with Hwy 92 in WV? Is this is good, scenic road? Does it have any nice, swooping turns, or is it just a stretch of highway to get from point A to point B? I'm wondering if it will be worth while to drive down that stretch of road or should I look for another route? I will already be traveling Rt 220 and am looking for something different, maybe. Any advise from someone in the know would be appreciated. Four more days, then "on the road again!" :yahoo:

Jim Meadows can probably chime in with better info, but when I went down 92 on Memorial Day weekend, it was a nice scenic ride but nothing really outstanding. I'd suggest turning East on 39 at Warm Springs and taking 39 to Marlinton. Lots of twisties. At Marlinton turn South on 219 and its about 40 miles directly into Lewisburg. That's probably the way I'm heading down on Thursday.

92 is indeed scenic... & there are VERY few roads in WV that are straight. 92 happens to be really close toone of them. If I remember it correctly, I'd call it just this side of boring, actually. I'd follow Gary's suggestions.

Heidi

Mike,

Gary's way is a very good ride. Another possibility that is also good is to pick up 250 at Monterey, VA across Allegheny Mtn to Bartow, WV and then 28 south to 39 into Marlinton and 219 south to L'burg. Both ways good. Some folks like 92, but IMHO...it sucks unless you just want to cover ground in which case, it is the preferred route of the 3. Keep an eye out for white-tailed forest rats which ever way you choose.

Ride safe,

Jim