Hyabusa Bar Ends

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky3008

Finally got my collarbone fixed!!!
Reaction score
Well, first have to say they look awesome. I didn't get the $17 ebay deal, paid $50 from the local suzuki shop.

I have the TakiGrips on that I had to cut a bit off of the ends with a razor blade and the right side bar end leave just enough gap so the throttle works perfect. My left hand bar end though pushes in on the grip and I think transfers some vibes but I think some of the vibes have been reduced from the right hand and I will deal with making the left grip shorter tonight.

With the main return spring disconnected, different grips (which I don't think did much) and the bar ends(which help a little and look great) My hands felt better today than they ever have.

I got my bike after returning from vacation on July 5th. I now have 2300 miles on it and I changed the oil and diff at 600 miles. I have a sargeant seat, PCIII w/wallys smoothness map, D&D risers, TakiGrips, Hyabusa Bar Ends, disconnected the main return spring. I have the R&G crash posts on order and have the morgan carbtune that I have yet to use.

Overall very happy with the bike.

:D

Well, since you ask. I will take some in a few. The grips are not my proudest moment as cutting them with a razorblade was not the straightest job I have ever done. Give me a few and check back...

Thanks,

I have yet to trim the left hand a little but I also have some different grips on the way to try. I will know when I have the right ones and I don't think these are it but I do like the bar ends... :D

Well, this probably should be another thread but since you asked :D

At about 80 and up my bike feels very "gritty" for lack of better terms. It feels like what you would describe as a bad bearing or something. I am thinking that it is getting worse and I have yet to do a TBS on it. I am hoping that they are off and they are the problem. If it is an actual wheel bearing at 2300 miles I would be extremely shocked. With my rear suspension set to Hard yesterday and then to soft today the feeling is a little less which really doesn't mean anything...

Well, since i cant ride for 6 weeks here is a pic of those busa bar ends with stock grips.
100_1394.jpg

Here is one of just the left grip.

100_1392.jpg

I ordered the fork brace and dust covers today from MCL. Maybe that will be my next pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone here tried the throttlemeister bar ends? I just got mine this weekend, put them on in about 45 minutes, just to make sure I was doing it right, did the "self-locking fix" too, and they work great. I still have the stock grips, but I notice an immense difference in the vibration. I'm a happy camper! :D

Sorry, I don't have pics. It looks just like on their webpage if you're interested...

Last edited by a moderator: