HydraLight Duffel

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used this bag for a couple of years now. In my experience it lives up to its claims. The bag is extremely light and compact when empty, it is touch and very water resistant, even after 10 hours in constant rain. The only slightly annoying thing (part of the water resistant feature requirement) is having to squish it to push the access air out when its not fully filled. The redeeming fact is that this enables you to have a pack that only takes up as much space as you have stuff.

It's rained more than not the last few weeks here.

And yes, there is more than one Yukon...lol.

You use the medium or large?
I got mine when they had a sale on ($45) so it was the large size, but like i said, the material is very easy to compact under a bungee/net so you "mold" it to be as small as the stuff in it. If you fill it up to full capacity it will overhang on about 1/3 of each side case.

It works for me:

581049626_a88969425e_b.jpg

If you really want waterproof, I've been very pleased w/ my Ortleib bry bag duffels [also from Riderwearhouse, sm/med/lg = #930/931/932 respectively, I believe]. I use a pair, a medium & a large, and have ridden thru absolute downpours for up to an hour+, nary a drop inside!

I have the HydraLight medium I got from Aerostich. I used it for trips to WFO 6,7,and

NAFO 2008, about 12,000 miles. It's fine, however, I found that if I did not have it

filled that the material would flutter due to the airflow turbulence. This eventually

caused the waterproof coating to come off in places. The material is quite thin.

I have gone to The North Face Base Camp Duffel I got from REI. I have both the

small and medium size. I have used the small one for two trips to Arkansas, the

second trip was quite wet, everything inside stayed dry. It's made from a much

heavier waterproof material than the HydraLight.

The North Face small size is good for shorter trips, 3-4 days, the medium sized

bag will hold the stuff you'll need for longer trips. Both bags attach quite easily to

the FJR. They have sewn on straps, the two on the rear of the bags loop around

the grab handles behind the passenger seat perfectly. At the front I use longer

straps that I loop through the small triangular opening on the passenger foot peg

bracket. It's easy on and off and is quite secure.

Anyway, that's my .02 worth.

John