Hydration system

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRay

Reaction score
I'm glad I read about the skyway system in the clasifieds. It reminded me that I bought the one from Neihart and never installed it. Found it in a drawer in my shop waiting to be unpacked.

So the question is how are folks routing the hose and holding it in position for easy use ??? I generaly use a camel back and the hose is within easy reach unless you go to fast and it ends up behind your back.

The company that makes the Camelbak offers lots of accessories. I suggest the one that holds the hose with the bite valve conveniently in place for you. The hose slides in smoothly and it's held in place nice and snug.

It's called a camel TOE! ............ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

May I ask why yer using a stinky assed Camel? You have access to many fine Goats.....Shiny use 'em all up?

Sometimes you worry me Ray.. :dribble:

I have a Skyway system and place my bite valve in two different places. I either put it just inside the clear top part of my tank bag or use the magnetic attachment on the bite valve to put it on the tank. All I have to do is reach down and grab it. I recently shortened the hose because it was too long and was getting in the way.

The company that makes the Camelbak offers lots of accessories. I suggest the one that holds the hose with the bite valve conveniently in place for you. The hose slides in smoothly and it's held in place nice and snug.

Good one Mike. I like the concept but can see real problems when operating the hose and the FJR at the same time. Both are great things but need to be enjoyed under seperate conditions unless we can get a video demonstration posted up. :D

I use a retractable key spool attached to a D ring on my fuel cell.

I also use a retractable key spool but have it clipped on my tank bag.

I ran the hose under my seat because I mounted the unit on the right foot peg and the hose is on the left.

I could take some pictures and email them if you'd like.

Good one Mike. I like the concept but can see real problems when operating the hose and the FJR at the same time. Both are great things but need to be enjoyed under seperate conditions unless we can get a video demonstration posted up. :D
Why did you ask for that? You wernt thinkin were ya? That's Bust you asked for a video.