Hydration

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graler

Reaction score
I am looking at options for hydration. I have a camelbak unbottle (3 Litre). It has loops on the side to provide a easy attachment to the back side of my pelican case. I was considering just a couple of bungee cords. Then it occurred to be - the cords would put pressure on the bladder. Once the bite valve is activated the water may come shooting out. Thoughts? Experiences?

I know that there are lots of solutions. Time is a limiting factor. I have three days until I leave - I should rephrase that I leave a week from Saturday - my work has me anywhere but home for the next couple of weeks with the exception of the weekend. I can brainstorm all week long but when I get home I have limited time.

I can make and send you a hydration system that mounts on the rear footpeg in time for your trip. There's a thread out there on them. PM me.
I have Garauld's hydration system and have used it on several long trips.

Here's a LINK to a picture of it mounted. The kit from Garauld includes the cooler, and a hose. I think I added the Camelbak bite valve to the end of the hose, or maybe it came with, I don't remember. I did add the bitvalve dirt guard... invest in one of those too!

I ordered the Hydration System from Garauld (Gary). It arrived this afternoon. The foot peg rubber had already been removed in anticipation of the brackets arrival. By the way those footpeg screws are blue loc-tited on. I wrecked the philips heads trying to loosen them. I ended up dremeling some slots to break them loose. The Hydration system in stalled as specified. The length of hose was perfect. I bought a camelbak magnetic hose retainer and attached that to my tank bag. You just have to get it close and it snaps right into place. This was not my first Garauld purchase - I am a member of the highway peg group, stiffy kit, radar detector mount, tail rack (I did sell that when I started using the pelican box), His products are well thought out and top shelf quality. I really appreciate the quick turn around and I am sure that this will make this cross country journey a lot better. I will toast you from the road! I got the red jug. Blue Bike, Red Jug, White top. Rather patriotic I think.