Hyperpro Hyperpro Hyperpro

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered the Hyperpro Type 41 rear shock and front springs for my spring farkle. I'm giddy about the new install to be done, nervous about the limited number of reviews on this site, and scared because this is my most expensive farkle yet. Wish me luck!
what did the rear cost and what was the time frame for delivery?

richard

I just ordered the Hyperpro Type 41 rear shock and front springs for my spring farkle. I'm giddy about the new install to be done, nervous about the limited number of reviews on this site, and scared because this is my most expensive farkle yet. Wish me luck!

richard
Richard, the web site shows 750.00 -

And I think I toasted my shock this past weekend as well. Let's see - bike, very full bags, stuffed moto-fizz medium, and oh, yeah, the wife - (and let's not EVEN mention me)

I figure around 1,000 pounds - it was getting a wee bit 'loose' on the final haul home.

worldbound4now, let us know how that new shock works out. That purple color would compliment Wonky's colbalt blue very well.

so - when's the next group buy? :unsure:

richard
Richard, the web site shows 750.00 -

And I think I toasted my shock this past weekend as well. Let's see - bike, very full bags, stuffed moto-fizz medium, and oh, yeah, the wife - (and let's not EVEN mention me)

I figure around 1,000 pounds - it was getting a wee bit 'loose' on the final haul home.

worldbound4now, let us know how that new shock works out. That purple color would compliment Wonky's colbalt blue very well.

so - when's the next group buy? :unsure:
Wow didn't realise your were running stock shock. Yes that was a lot of weight you had on there.

I may just put a stock on for now and save up for an ohlin, not sure right now.

Keep us updated from Vegas.

R

$750 is what I paid on the GB for the Penske 8981.

A word of warning on getting a shock that is realatively untested on the feej. Make sure you get the proper weight spring for your setup.

At least for the Penske on the 06 a

230lber needs an 850lb spring

200lb a 800

180 a 750

I have what you ordered on my 2006 as well. They took for freaking ever to arrive but that's a different story. I've put about 6500 miles on since installing and I think they are fabulous. I had my local yamaha dealer install and they put the external reservoir down low by the right foot peg. Instructions are detailed with recommended low and high speed settings for the rear shock. Set up the front as you would the stock set up. Same with rear pre-load. I use the Lee Parks method (see his book Total Control). Doug Cameron at Hyperpro USA is the guy I deal with and he's very good. I also put Hyperpro springs on my Kawasaki. Good stuff. Smile. It's great gear. As you know, it's custom built gear. Assuming you gave Doug (or whomever you talked to) your specs, you'll love what you bought.

I have what you ordered on my 2006 as well. They took for freaking ever to arrive but that's a different story. I've put about 6500 miles on since installing and I think they are fabulous. I had my local yamaha dealer install and they put the external reservoir down low by the right foot peg. Instructions are detailed with recommended low and high speed settings for the rear shock. Set up the front as you would the stock set up. Same with rear pre-load. I use the Lee Parks method (see his book Total Control). Doug Cameron at Hyperpro USA is the guy I deal with and he's very good. I also put Hyperpro springs on my Kawasaki. Good stuff. Smile. It's great gear. As you know, it's custom built gear. Assuming you gave Doug (or whomever you talked to) your specs, you'll love what you bought.

I spoke with HyperproUSA and stated that I have more questions about my ordered suspension since I ordered online. They transferred me to a rep named "Steve" and I am much more comfortable after speaking with him. I typically ride solo with bags and 10-50lbs of gear (whether running around town or out for a day trip) with the occasional loaded weekend trip. My weight is 175lbs. He was extremely confident that noting my weight of 200lbs would be more than sufficient allowing the bagless light runs to be handled well while beign able to easily adjust to handle my 135lb wife and moderate gear. I've never done an overnighter with my wife on the FJR, and don't expect to in the near future.

I also asked about expected shipping times. I was informed that Hyperpro USA recently placed an order for the Type41 shock from Holland and they should have their shipment in this week. They have the front fork springs in stock. When the shock arrives, they'll add the appropriate spring and ship it out. Estimated ship date in 2-3 weeks. If I have it in a month I'll be happy. It was fantastic to have a human answer the phone and never be put on hold. Based on this blissful ignorance I possess regarding suspension upgrades, their customer support seems great. We'll see what the future holds.

HyperPro makes great gear! Had it on my Z7-S. Made the bike feel like a new ride. Much smoother, and more aggressive at the same settings.

I have what you ordered on my 2006 as well. They took for freaking ever to arrive but that's a different story.

So here I sit, thankfully with a functioning motorcycle, waiting for the new setup to arrive with weekly phone calls to HyperproUSA. Tomorrow is a phone call day. Hopefully the news has changed, but last phone call they said they had trouble at customs, but everything shipped across the pond. A waiter again..... :(

Read some other posts on here about the group buys and undersprung shocks sent and think it was mentioned Wilber's and HyperPro are the same shock and or company. Am I wrong on this? PM. <>< :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
The shock body looks similair and may have similair technology/designers but the springs (from what I read) are very different unless you opt for the non-standard linear rate spring. When ordering, I was sure to state my weight (normal solo rider) with bags/gear added to my weight. After a 20 minute discussion with the hyperpro USA rep I am comfortable that they will get the rising rate spring correct. Now, if they'd just get the damn thing to me.

:clapping: Called Hyperpro today to express frustrations again with the wait time. I was informed that they received two FJR rear shocks, both labeled with similair part numbers, last week. A warehouse staff member didn't inventory appropriately and it didn't ship. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I was reassured that the correct spring rate shock was being sent to me, it goes out today, and will hopefully be here by the end of the week. My excitement increases yet again. Too bad I have a family camping trip planned for a long weekend this weekend. Maybe we'll have to come home a day or two early so I can do the install :rolleyes: