I bought a new 08!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations. I made the same decision. I could have saved $700 going with the 07, but the black is gorgeous and the updates are a nice bonus.
What changed in 08?
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...141&hl=2008 there's the changes

I picked up the bike today... oh my lord I love this bike. The thing has become an extra appendage on my body. Moving from a '93 CBR F2 to this is like jumping from living in a tent to a million dollar home. I bought the 4 year extended warranty too when I picked it up, and now Im TRYING to treat it kindly since Im in the break in period (0 miles!). I'll have pics shortly this bike is so freakin gorgeous and so fast it's like sex on wheels.

Better check Progressive, I got a great pkg with them at a killer price. Congrats!!!
Progressive quoted me at 2800. Geico quotes me at 1000 since I have an auto policy with them.. and they are generally lower anyway :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got $515/yr through State Farm. I have two cars and a house with them, but I'm also only 25. (No points on the license.)

23 and 25 were big drops for me. More so 25 than 23.

I had a Burgman 400 scooter before I got my FJR... when I was 24 it was $69/mo. When I turned 25 it dropped to $27/mo. My 07 Acura TSX dropped from $162/mo to $88/mo. Pretty huge drops.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: