I crashed 10/23 - I'm OK

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockertom

Reaction score
I was out on a ride with a friend from out of state. We were working our way home. A van Deliberatlly Pulled off the shoulder and blocked both lanes as I was attemping to pass and go around. I attempted to swerve and used a little to much brake. The front washed out on me. The van then took off. My friend stopped to check on me and the van got away. Never got a plate number. I have three fractured ribs out of the deal. I'm doing OK. Waiting on the ins to deceide what they are going to do. Here are some pics of the bike when My wife picked it up from the towing co.

crash1.jpg

crash2.jpg

crash3.jpg

crash4.jpg

crash6.jpg

crash7.jpg

The frame is blown out between the triple trees. Have to wait and see what the ins is going to do before I know what I will do with it. The ins was already at the house and took pics of the bike and all my gear. Should know something by Monday. BECAREFUL out there. Some people are trying to hurt us.

Wow, that hurts the eyes. Glad to see you are OK - that is what counts most.

I think you have a FL plate. Where r u located?

-BD

Seriously sorry to see another go down. Been there don it myself. From the looks it will be totaled. Heal well and take your time, but ride again.

Glad that your ok, could be alot worst.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to you are OK - bikes can be replaced.

Here is to a speedy recovery :clap:!

Best Regards,

Shane

Your bike is most definitely done. Quick like a bunny, pull all your farkles off it before the insurance man comes to total it for you.

It's bike shopping time for you, 'bro!

If you got $500 available, I'd be laying it down quickly before the current PDP program claims it's "full" and you have to wait. Of course, you can always get an older model.

Happy that you got away with only broken ribs.... which still suck ass, I know. Coughing is a bitch, isn't it? :(

dude, glad you survived... i survived a bad wreck, too...

order an '06 with the ins money... i did...

we could start a fla 06-owners-cause-of-a-crash group.... lol...

mendl well,

dana in west palm

Sorry to see your Pain.... (Mental Anguish)

Glad you wearn't Hurt.... Just remember, its only metal...

Stay safe, get on the PDP, or there are tons of them on Cycle trader.com

Warp

I agree with warchild. my insurance estimator told me that if the frame was cracked it would be an automatic write off.

glad you got off without life changing injuries.

derek

Damn glad your semi OK.. don't sneeze !! :)

Did the bike end up hitting something ? How did the frame snap ?

Yep it's totaled, start shopping for an ABS model !!

much, much worse than mine. I went down on the devil's highway in AZ on the 9th of this month. near the top it started raining, then hail, then VERY WET snow. before very long it was almost 2 inches of snow on the road, I had slowed down but not enough. went down but nothing happened to me, had rain suit on and nothing happened to the rain suit either.

the bike did not do as good but it was cosmtic only except for the left highway peg from BILL, it bent the piece from BILL but I put it in the vice when I got home and all is OK now. I used some of the Toyata paint and if you don't know where to look you can not find it.

You mentioned that the driver "deliberately" pulled out in front of you. I know you can only speculate as to intent but do you think the guy saw you and jumped out in front of you to screw with you or was he just a clueless ass who jumped out in front of you because he couldn't see you (but obviously ran away on purpose)?

It's scary enough to deal with the oblivious cagers out there but it's even scarier to think that someone might purposely be gunning for a motorcyclist...

You mentioned that the driver "deliberately" pulled out in front of you. I know you can only speculate as to intent but do you think the guy saw you and jumped out in front of you to screw with you or was he just a clueless ass who jumped out in front of you because he couldn't see you (but obviously ran away on purpose)?
It's scary enough to deal with the oblivious cagers out there but it's even scarier to think that someone might purposely be gunning for a motorcyclist...
Just splitting lanes I have had three occurrences were drivers pulled their front end into my path to stop me from going through. I spoke to them all and got answers like, "I don't like it when you guys do that."

It's a lot more dangerous when drivers try to put their cars in front of you. Thank goodness I have speed rules when lane splitting. Had I been going over my 10mph faster than traffic, I would have been down.

I'm surprised to hear of a California rider that hasn't been cut off intentionally Mike. Lucky!

Ouch! Don't cough. Don't sneeze. Don't laugh.

You might even find a new '05 out there, although the '06 is sounding pretty damn sweet. Insurance almost covered the price of a new one for me; probably about $750 out-of-pocket (bastids didn't cover the gear)..

Very glad your OK and yes others are trying to kill us.

Hope you heal comfortably as possible and ride as soon as possible.

To bad you didn't get the plate on the van.

Thanks everyone. Yes Warchild I have the money to put on a new one. As great a platform as the FJR is. I am thinking about trying something new. Not sure what yet. I will have to go shopping. The only farkles on there were the bra and throttle meisters. I didn't get them off before he got there. Took them off later. If he wants them back. They are in the garage. I can't ride till the ribs heal. so I have time to look around and see what it is I want next. My wife is very supportive of getting another one. He took pic of all my gear and is going to try and reimburse me for all of that too. Nasty people is one of the dangers of riding here in Florida year round. Yes there are some down here that try to put us down. I have seen it and now I have been part of it. To the other member that asked what part i'm in. Orlando area. Whatever I get. I'll post up from time to time. Not that I have ever been a big poster. But I'll be around.