I crashed 10/23 - I'm OK

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
having broken several ribs in a motorcycle crash also (and some more severe injuries) I know how you feel. Have fun sneezing, coughing, laughing, getting off of the toilet and rolling out of bed for the next 6 months. :D

Heel well. The most important accessary faired ok. That would be the one who started this thread.

Get back on the horse when you can.

Hey Tom, I heard about your accident yesterday when I was visiting with Steve at the dealership. The pictures really add a whole new dimension to the story. Glad to hear that you will be OK. Steve took a picture of me sitting on your bike before you got it so that was the day I knew I really wanted an FJR. I'll be interested in what you buy to replace it.

I'm surprised to hear of a California rider that hasn't been cut off intentionally Mike. Lucky!
Orangevale, I'm a rookie rider and the FJR is my first bike so I'm still naive enough to think people won't do that to me. I've only got about 2000 miles on the bike so I guess I'll leave on my rose-colored glasses a bit longer.
I have had some drivers pull over into my lane or cut me off accidently (I think it was accidently? :unsure: ) but usually I get the "sorry" hand wave and they get out of the way.

Glad to see you are OK - that is what counts most.
+1

I see these idiots on the road all the time.

One of these times, I'm going to follow one of these people into a parking lot and wide eyed and humble go up and ask to shake their hand becaus I've always wanted to meet someone more important than everyone else on the road.

Just maybe I'll get them to think one at a time.

Heal up well!!

Rockertom, glad to hear you came away with only minor (but painful) injuries. It could have been so much more serious. Good you are still there for your family and us. What kind of salvage is available do you think? I could sure use that rear seat for a little project I would like to start over the winter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear you're ok!
default_black%20eye.gif
Too bad the jagoff got away. It's happened out here alot i just write their plate down and deal w/ them a few weeks later when i figure they've pissed off a few more people. Vengeance is a plate best served cold. Hope you get better soon. Hopefully, what comes around goes around for that asshole!!!!!!! :assasin:

Wow! Glad you are okay. Though if you really wanted the front end of your FJR to look like a Captain America chopper then there were probably easier ways to go about it.

I am curious what was going on before he cut you off.

I know it happens and it has even happened to me. I was on a back road and came up on a car barely doing the limit. As soon as I went into the oncoming lane he sped up to not let me pass and then I was approaching an on coming car. I had to hit the brakes and jump back behind him. He didn't want to go any faster but the asshole felt no one else should be going faster than him.

Generally the ones I have seen it happen to are doing a lot of lane shifting or are speeding really fast and then somebody thinks it is his duty to slow them down.

Not saying it is right but usually something has happened to cause the end result.

This is also good for newbies to know.

It happens and always be ready for an out...

Sorry about your bike, buddy...and your ribs of course.

Such a**holes take the fun out of riding.

Stef

Why do people have to be like that? Prolly no insurance! Don't worry. God will get him. :censored:

Hope you heal quickly!

Just splitting lanes I have had three occurrences were drivers pulled their front end into my path to stop me from going through.
Lane splitting isn't allowed where I live and it isn't something I normally do but this summer in Gatlinsburg, TN I just had too. There was construction and with my riding gear and the unbearable heat I had to get out of the traffic. In the 2 or 3 miles of stopped traffic, 3 different cars snapped their front ends around to cut me off and then laid on the horn or gave me the finger. It was very obvious that it was intentional. I suspect that lane splitting is not allowed in TN but I don't know. What I do know is I was making the safest decision I could moving through stopped traffic to get to a place where I could cool off.

Sometimes you just want to pull out a wrench and take out their windows!!

gypsy

The whole I can't so you shouldn't be able too either attitude really makes some people do some crazy stuff.

I have seen motorcycle cops do it around here that I was sure was gonna get hit...

The whole I can't so you shouldn't be able too either attitude really makes some people do some crazy stuff.

I have seen motorcycle cops do it around here that I was sure was gonna get hit...

Lane 'sharing' is not illegal here in Cali. General rules allow for sharing at speeds less than 45 mph on congested roads while not exceeding 5 - 10 mph over lanes being shared. You may also roll through stopped lanes at controlled intersections - generally thought to be safest for riders to clear the traffic when the light changes. Of course, all these rules are interpreted by the individual LEO. Though you may be sharing lanes going 5 mph over the lanes doing 15 mph, he can still tag your ass for being reckless or too fast for road conditions. Course, I've had MC LEO's share my lane at speeds in excess of 70 mph while in the cage... :shock:

If I couldn't share lanes, I'd park the bike. Just too damned dangerous in traffic round here. I'd rather be side swiped than rear ended by a cage...