I finally broke into the 10's! (in the 1/4 mile)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to the track tonight with my all stock bike. It was just an 1/8th mile. I probably did about ten runs and they were all really consistent. Sometimes I had trouble with the front end lifting up on the launch. I was always trapping 98-99mph. It was 85 with a dewpoint around 70. Can't believe your 109!

I went to the track tonight with my all stock bike. It was just an 1/8th mile. I probably did about ten runs and they were all really consistent. Sometimes I had trouble with the front end lifting up on the launch. I was always trapping 98-99mph. It was 85 with a dewpoint around 70. Can't believe your 109!
You have the faster Gen I with the lower overall gear ratio; you can do better than that :p

A couple people have mentioned needing to be careful to keep the front from lifting at the launch, but I've only ever lost traction at the launch. I have had the front get "light" as I roll on to full throttle and just barely come off the ground, but that's about 1-2 seconds after the launch itself. I guess I'm too afraid of doing something stupid on the launch, so I slip the clutch too much for the front end to lift up. I tried to make an effort to get a bit brave and launch harder, but I just stalled at the starting line :gah:

Do you know what your 60-foot times were?

You have the faster Gen I with the lower overall gear ratio; you can do better than that :p

A couple people have mentioned needing to be careful to keep the front from lifting at the launch, but I've only ever lost traction at the launch. I have had the front get "light" as I roll on to full throttle and just barely come off the ground, but that's about 1-2 seconds after the launch itself. I guess I'm too afraid of doing something stupid on the launch, so I slip the clutch too much for the front end to lift up. I tried to make an effort to get a bit brave and launch harder, but I just stalled at the starting line :gah:

Do you know what your 60-foot times were?
My best 60' was 1.86 and most about 1.92 pretty consistently. I can work on that I know. A couple times my bike came up pretty good and high right off the line when I didn't slip it right. I get on the throttle pretty quick and shift at redline. Usually passing through the finish at near the 3rd gear redline. Maybe the longer gearing helps on the dragway with the Gen 2 bikes. All times really close but my best was a 7.36@99. I did about 12 passes and everyone was between 7.3x and 7.48, with 60' up to 2.00 w/ wheelie off the line.

edit: lol ... check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR_zpjEELCw&NR=1

Last edited by a moderator: