I finally did it...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's see... $6900.00, '06, 3k miles.

YOU SUCK!!!

Your bike, however, does not. Helluva deal! Congrats!!!

Congrats on the new ride & welcome to the nuthouse!!

You're in a little corner of paradise for certain, but I gotta believe you'll soon be hoping for an assignment to where there's some place to go other than round in a circle! Some place where you can go for a weekend ride w/o seeing the same scenery twice [much less 3-4 times]. The FeeJeR is about miles, and w/o a rudder those are a mite limited in the islands; the one time I was there, I took my bicycle and in ~3 days I'd ridden every major highway on Oahu, ...make that a moderate dayride on the FeeJ. Upside, it should be a really grand way to see the islands while you are there, so many sensory perceptions you'd miss in a cage; I have no idea what the possibilities are regarding ferrying the scoot between islands [but I imagine there must be something available...?]. Be Safe Out There!

Congrats on the new ride & welcome to the nuthouse!!
You're in a little corner of paradise for certain, but I gotta believe you'll soon be hoping for an assignment to where there's some place to go other than round in a circle! Some place where you can go for a weekend ride w/o seeing the same scenery twice [much less 3-4 times]. The FeeJeR is about miles, and w/o a rudder those are a mite limited in the islands; the one time I was there, I took my bicycle and in ~3 days I'd ridden every major highway on Oahu, ...make that a moderate dayride on the FeeJ. Upside, it should be a really grand way to see the islands while you are there, so many sensory perceptions you'd miss in a cage; I have no idea what the possibilities are regarding ferrying the scoot between islands [but I imagine there must be something available...?]. Be Safe Out There!
It is great riding around the island (did it once on the Virago since I got here). As for the ferry -- well, the eco-terrorists got rid of the Hawaii Superferry, so that option is gone. And it was cheap to take a bike to the other islands on it too. :angry2: Heard there's some awesome riding on Maui...

EDIT: BTW, I started a new thread with pics...

Last edited by a moderator:
killer deal my friend!!!! i paid 9000 for my 07' and about the speed limit,.... look at it as a good start on how fast the bike really is. i pulled out of 4th @ 153mph whem i was in b.c. congrads yer gonna love this scoot!!!! oh, as for the cosmetics of it all, hoo the hell is gonna see it at 150???? enjoy!

So you the value of thing just dropped by like 3000 grand since it has been dropped and is now on the second owner I ll take it off your hands though giving you the benefit of the doubt for 4900.

So you the value of thing just dropped by like 3000 grand since it has been dropped and is now on the second owner I ll take it off your hands though giving you the benefit of the doubt for 4900.
Ha! No chance! How long do you get away with riding in Fairbanks? I can't remember seeing too many bikes growing up, but I know there are more these days. I'll be home in October -- hope it's either warm(er) or we get dumped on early so I can take the snow machines out!

Great deal, I paid $9K for a 06 with 5,000 miles, came with Corbin seat and Smuggler last September, the $ you saved you can repaint, send it Garauld to get parts repainted, 06 is the fastest color

It is great riding around the island (did it once on the Virago since I got here). As for the ferry -- well, the eco-terrorists got rid of the Hawaii Superferry, so that option is gone. And it was cheap to take a bike to the other islands on it too. :angry2: Heard there's some awesome riding on Maui...

EDIT: BTW, I started a new thread with pics...

I haven't been to Maui since 1991 watch the road to the Seven Sacred Falls it's narror with about 500 bends and mainly first gear hairpins .

You will have a great time on it and you got a great buy .

Comming from Downunder you people are lucky cause Radar dectectors are Illegal in nearly all of Australia I think it's $5,000 fine . If you get caught 2mph over the limit you loose 3 points off your licence ( you have 12 points to last you 3YEARS ) If you are 20 mph over the limit well say goodbye to your licence and sometime say goodbye to your BIKE .