I get numb hands (while we are on that sort of thing)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "angle" mod for the handlebars is only for the 06 and 07 bikes. There are pins holding the bars at an angle that can not be changed without the mod. CHORNBE did a fine job of taking pictures of the mod I discovered when trying to get a different (better) on my bars.

For your o5 there are several risers that will raise and move back your bars and it is much cheaper than those for the 06 - 07.

The "angle" mod for the handlebars is only for the 06 and 07 bikes. There are pins holding the bars at an angle that can not be changed without the mod. CHORNBE did a fine job of taking pictures of the mod I discovered when trying to get a different (better) on my bars.
For your o5 there are several risers that will raise and move back your bars and it is much cheaper than those for the 06 - 07.
I appologize EXPDST, I reversed credits. It was your posted modification and Chornbe did the photo followup. I usually get the credits correct on the mod. Again sorry :agree: :friends:

I notice that my hands get numb more often when I have the heated grips on. I don't know why but they definitely do. One might suggest that I would have the heat on when it is colder and it may be the cold that is the cause but when I turn the heat down or off it gets better.

Hmm. Odd.

I put heavy bar ends purchased from Wild Hair Accessories - Meisser Bar Ends '01 FJR 1300 US$60.00. No problemo. Otherwise count to 100 and change hands.

For me the answer was heavy bar ends (part of my throttlemeister throttle lock), the 'return spring mod', and a throttle rocker. If I had to choose just one I'd go with the throttle rocker because my problem is primarily on the throttle side. In any case after all those mods, I have no sleepy hands and have done multiple 600+ mile days on the bike. Good luck!

On my first trip to FL, was fighting the numb hand thing the whole way there. It was on a group ride (that trip) that the throttle rocker was mentioned. Found it at a small mc shop for about $15. At that time, the mileage on the bike was around 4k. I now have about 13k on it and have never had the numb hands again. It is located as far on the right side of the grip as possible which allows more control on the throttle. Never taken it off. It's the best bang for the buck farkle installed. Very much considering one for the left side just for resting the left hand on. And, I don't think I will ever install a cruise control because it works so well.

Check the simple stuff first. Try looking at the brake and clutch level angles. If you sit in your usual riding position, with your wrists straight, and extend your fingers level with your forearms. If your levers should be set so your fingers rest lightly on them.

If that doesn't help, your probably using your arms to support your upper body.