I have a leaker, drive shaft, that is ....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had that happen to me once after a 4 day Shore leave in the Philippines. The doctor gave me something that cleared it right up! :)
majicmaker, I'm fairly certain Niehart got his "leak" from George! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

GeorgeDress.jpg
LMAO
And now, Down the home streach it is TWIN PEAKS IN for the KILL.
Pink's definitely not my color...paybacks are a bitch you two three. :p Remember when you mess with the bull, sometimes you get the horns! ;)

Blondie -- you owe me BIG now...the bill just doubled!! :lol:

--G
I'm not scared Jorge, I'm bringing along SkooterG and pinhead Dave as my personal bodyguards!

PiggyBackcopy.jpg

"don't want to hear any old guy jokes ..." I waited until FJR Forum Dogpile Friday to ask Dave B. this question: Niehart, did you really think they were going to tell any young guy jokes about us?

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably the seal on the shaft where it goes into the hub. Its a quick, cheap and easy fix.

Sits in here

021-2.jpg

The rubber seal to the left of the splines in this photo

022-2.jpg

This part of the hub isn't oil tight as the oil lubricates the shaft splines, if the seal fails or is on its way out you can get weeping from the small hole under the swingarm

023-2.jpg

Dave be happy you don't have Beemerdon's drive shaft or any damn Beemer drive shaft for that matter.

I like Beemer's I really do; I just wish they were more reliable, of course then I would miss all the frivolity here.