I just struck a deal to become an FJR owner . . .

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you got a good deal. Never know, but I would not worry. Car dealers want to make money, but they got a deal, and it is January. In all likelihood they just priced it to move it. Congrats.

Thats a steal. Congratulations!! Not too far from my crib. PM. <>< ;)
Any chance you might be willing to go preview the bike for me before I make the drive? I would gladly buy you a meal and a few beers for your trouble?
Sounds like glas1/2ful has got it covered and might take some pics for you. That is great. I live about 40 miles from Dublin but if things don't work out though or you need some help in anyway pm me and I'll try and help. Weather here this weekend is suppose to be good otherwise rain everyday is forcast off and on. Also as Ionbeam suggested run the vin and get a background check if possible. I do that on any vehicle I buy and also if the instrument cluster has been changed out, in Ca. most dealers put the current milage at the time of changeout on a sticker in the storage box on the left. Keep us updated. PM. <>< :D

Thats a steal. Congratulations!! Not too far from my crib. PM. <>< ;)
Any chance you might be willing to go preview the bike for me before I make the drive? I would gladly buy you a meal and a few beers for your trouble?
Sounds like glas1/2ful has got it covered and might take some pics for you. That is great. I live about 40 miles from Dublin but if things don't work out though or you need some help in anyway pm me and I'll try and help. Weather here this weekend is suppose to be good otherwise rain everyday is forcast off and on. Also as Ionbeam suggested run the vin and get a background check if possible. I do that on any vehicle I buy and also if the instrument cluster has been changed out, in Ca. most dealers put the current milage at the time of changeout on a sticker in the storage box on the left. Keep us updated. PM. <>< :D
Thanks for the offer and the info, but it looks like 'glas1/2ful' has it covered for now. I will run the VIN as suggested tomorrow. Assuming The VIN and inspection by 'glas1/2ful' checks out, I am planning on closing the deal and picking it up on Thursday. I already have secured the loan of an enclosed 6' x 12' trailer for the trip. I am kind of psyched ! :yahoo:

[i am kind of psyched ! :yahoo:
You're "Kind of psyched? :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: "

Way cool...!

And don't forget the pics!

Mary
I'll give you at least 5 x :yahoo: 's and a few pictures when I pick it up!

btw, I just noticed you are from Richardson. I spent almost 9 years there, near the Telecom corodor. Weekends in Addison were a great place to be single!

Last edited by a moderator:
annotated word file sent! Not am I not a mechanic but apparently am not Ansel Adams either.... :angry2: Hope this works out for you!!! :clapping:

993 - it was a big file... but this message came back "The e-mail message could not be delivered because the user's mailfolder is full." call the cell, PM or email me w/ advice...

Wow! Excellent deal...had a similar deal on my used '05 at a BMW motorcycle dealership...he didnt want it on his floor and it was late fall so he slashed the price big time for me....haven't looked back since.

Hey all,
I just struck a deal to buy an 2006 FJR. I found it on Craigslist HERE. It was traded in on a new car and has been sitting in the back of the Crown Dublin Chevrolet dealership. I gave them a $1k deposit on my Visa card today to hold it until the weekend for me. I offered full price because it was such a good price, that I didn't want to risk them selling it out from under me. They had a $275 dollar off coupon on their website that I am hoping they will still honor. As you can see in the CL ad, it only has 2400 miles. They assured me that it has never been down and is not a salvage title. The sales guy, Ricky Page also tells me that it looks brand new and they have the side bags and the top case still in boxes from Yamaha because they have never been mounted! The reason for the good deal is simply that they are a car dealership, and don't normally deal in motorcycles. I am very excited about the new (to me) bike, but I am apprehensive at the same time because I haven't even seen it yet. Buying "sight unseen" is a new concept for me, but I guess I could probably still get out of it if the bike has been misrepresented in any way. I just hope the snow stops soon so I can go conclude this deal. Wish me luck !

Oh yeah, I still need someone to buy my VFR listed HERE . . . any takers?
It looks like a pretty good deal and you will love the bike. I ended up selling my VFR to my son. Now if you had a Z06 instead of the 993 to go along with the bike you would be in heaven. Just kidding, I am sure the Porsche is a great ride.

It looks like a pretty good deal and you will love the bike. I ended up selling my VFR to my son. Now if you had a Z06 instead of the 993 to go along with the bike you would be in heaven. Just kidding, I am sure the Porsche is a great ride.
I know a Z06 will smoke my car, and so will half the riced out Civics, Lancers and Subaru's out there these days, but none of them have the same special combination of build quality, performance, style and character! . . . Now if only my son were old enough to buy my VFR, but given that he is not even 3 yet, that day is too far in the future for me to wait.

I know a Z06 will smoke my car, and so will half the riced out Civics, Lancers and Subaru's out there these days, but none of them have the same special combination of build quality, performance, style and character! . . . Now if only my son were old enough to buy my VFR, but given that he is not even 3 yet, that day is too far in the future for me to wait.
Those special qualities you have listed describe my Z pretty well although I would add a few more adjectives. I suppose putting a slightly lower seat on the VFR would not quite do the trick for junior.

Way cool...!

Mary
Mary,

As Promised, here you go . . . :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: + One more ... :yahoo:

Well, I picked up my bike yesterday and finally got it home today. I had to test ride it in the rain yesterday, so excuse the dirt, but here are the first shots of the bike at home . . .

MyFJR-RightSide.jpg

MyFJR-LeftSide.jpg

And can someone tell if there is supposed to be a bolt above the left passenger peg here ... and if so, what is it for?

BoltQ.jpg

Way cool...!

Mary
Mary,

As Promised, here you go . . . :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: + One more ... :yahoo:

Well, I picked up my bike yesterday and finally got it home today. I had to test ride it in the rain yesterday, so excuse the dirt, but here are the first shots of the bike at home . . .

MyFJR-RightSide.jpg

MyFJR-LeftSide.jpg

And can someone tell if there is supposed to be a bolt above the left passenger peg here ... and if so, what is it for?

BoltQ.jpg
993_Pilot, don't know how I missed the pics or your last post? But, the bike looks waaaaaay cool and very clean. As far as the hole under the grab handle, my 06 has the same and never had a bolt or anything there. Never noticed it until you pointed it out. Did you ever find out the mileage on the bike? Has the OD been replaced and if so did they put a sticker in the glove box with the mileage before the swap on it? Hope everything works out and hopefully you can join the Northern Ca. group for a ride this year on the cool 06, the longer, faster cooler blue ones.....06 Rules! Now let the farkling begin....... :yahoo: PM. <>< :gun:

QUOTE (993_Pilot @ Jan 25 2008, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BagMountBumper.jpg

Good find, 993_Pilot! BTW, did the saddle bags come with the rubber piece that fits on the bag mounting bracket? I don't see it in your picture. Then again, I've got an '05 and maybe Yamaha has changed the design in this area...

Good find, 993_Pilot! BTW, did the saddle bags come with the rubber piece that fits on the bag mounting bracket? I don't see it in your picture. Then again, I've got an '05 and maybe Yamaha has changed the design in this area...
I got one, but the other is missing and my local stealership wants $19.95 each ! Anyone know of a better source ?

To make matter worse, I got the OEM trunk / Top case, which had never been mounted, but I don't have the lock for it. The stealership wants $121.00 for one that doesn't even match my other keys. . . what to do ???

I got one, but the other is missing and my local stealership wants $19.95 each ! Anyone know of a better source ?
University Motors is your friend. They should have better prices on every part over your local dealer. Alot of us here use them....University Motors. Call and order the parts and tell them your a member on the FJRForum and you will get the discount. Get your parts numbers here...Yamaha Parts

To make matter worse, I got the OEM trunk / Top case, which had never been mounted, but I don't have the lock for it. The stealership wants $121.00 for one that doesn't even match my other keys. . . what to do ???
In your saddlebags there should be 4 painted blanks/plugs to cover the saddlebag mounting holes when you are running with the bags off. Also there should be an extra lock for the trunk that matches the ignition key and an extra key with the code number plate on the ring. If not you can have a key made at your local lock smith to match the ignition key and while your at it get an extra ignition key made. Good idea to check out the Bin-O-Facts on the 06...Bin-O-Facts. Also lock-tite the torx bolts on the locks, bags and trunk. And get the repair manual its worth the bucks! Good luck. PM. <>< :D

Way cool...!

Mary
I'll give you at least 5 x :yahoo: 's and a few pictures when I pick it up!

btw, I just noticed you are from Richardson. I spent almost 9 years there, near the Telecom corodor. Weekends in Addison were a great place to be single!
Ahhh... even with the snow you have, I'd druther be in Reno!

No idea about Addison, I'm a bit old to go bar hopping with all the 30 yr olds... :(

Enjoy the bike!

mary

University Motors is your friend. They should have better prices on every part over your local dealer. Alot of us here use them....University Motors. Call and order the parts and tell them your a member on the FJRForum and you will get the discount. Get your parts numbers here...Yamaha Parts
In your saddlebags there should be 4 painted blanks/plugs to cover the saddlebag mounting holes when you are running with the bags off. Also there should be an extra lock for the trunk that matches the ignition key and an extra key with the code number plate on the ring. If not you can have a key made at your local lock smith to match the ignition key and while your at it get an extra ignition key made. Good idea to check out the Bin-O-Facts on the 06...Bin-O-Facts. Also lock-tite the torx bolts on the locks, bags and trunk. And get the repair manual its worth the bucks! Good luck. PM. <>< :D
I got the painted plugs, actually 6 of them. I am still trying to figure out where the other two that are bent in the middle go! The extra key with the number plate is probably sticking in the extra lock, and I didn't get either! I am going to try to have the dealer contact the guy who traded this bike in and see if he has them. I had already figured out the part lookup thing and I plan on getting the repair manual as I have for every vehicle that I own, but thanks for the lead re: University Motors. I knew there had to be one or two dealers out there that were better than my local guy. Good to know that FJR Forum members get a discount too!