I just updated the Scala G4 to new 3.0 firmware...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike747

Reaction score
Well I haven't used it enough to give it a good review, but the feature list looks really good. Sensitivity levels for VOX and AGC is a great way to fix their problems with VOX and AGC. Also it has different volume levels for all the different sources. Another great idea.

However...there is a heck of alot of static bursts when pressing volume buttons. If you have the volume turned up, the static can get a bit painful on the ears. Its definitely a new bug.

I used to get static bursts like this on the old firmware when connected to my Zumo. Whenever pressing buttons on the Zumo after not touching it for a while would create a static burst as the Zumo audio connected to the G4. What makes this worse is the Zumo makes a noise on every button press so every time I let the audio timeout (a few seconds), then pressed a Zumo button, I'd always get a static burst.

And the static burst are even worse now that I've wired the mp3 port to be an output that I use earbuds with.

Anyone else experience these static bursts?

Well I haven't used it enough to give it a good review, but the feature list looks really good. Sensitivity levels for VOX and AGC is a great way to fix their problems with VOX and AGC. Also it has different volume levels for all the different sources. Another great idea.

However...there is a heck of alot of static bursts when pressing volume buttons. If you have the volume turned up, the static can get a bit painful on the ears. Its definitely a new bug.

I used to get static bursts like this on the old firmware when connected to my Zumo. Whenever pressing buttons on the Zumo after not touching it for a while would create a static burst as the Zumo audio connected to the G4. What makes this worse is the Zumo makes a noise on every button press so every time I let the audio timeout (a few seconds), then pressed a Zumo button, I'd always get a static burst.

And the static burst are even worse now that I've wired the mp3 port to be an output that I use earbuds with.

I just updated my firmware too, so now you have me worried. I guess I had better actually test it out now. I have the ZUMO 450 so voice is not an issue there but I will check it out with audio feed from my iPod,

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you upgrade firmware 3.0? I just checked update page and I see just 2.3 as a latest available.

I just updated my firmware too, so now you have me worried. I guess I had better actually test it out now. I have the ZUMO 450 so voice is not an issue there but I will check it out with audio feed from my iPod,

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you upgrade firmware 3.0? I just checked update page and I see just 2.3 as a latest available.

Run their update software. The latest is 3.0. It was just released last week.

Spike 747, I just checked again and there is only 2.3 version. See here:

aaaqa.jpg

Any suggestion?

Run their update software. The latest is 3.0. It was just released last week.