I know some of the packing material stays

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreyGoose

Reaction score
What about this packing? I think the other stuff needs to stay......But This???

th_DSC03835.jpg

Anybody else have this?

GreyGoose

Ah but yer wrong ol' wise one. :p mama yama has done such a good job eliminating the heat That the shit is there to keep the engine warm.

sheesh, I figured you knew that :D

:jester:

Hey hey!

No need to post the same item in two different locations there, post whore.
mrt.gif

rulz.gif

EDIT:

Hey, WTF happened here? I KNOW that when I posted this you had this post in two different areas (FJR Specific, and Technical Discussions). Tell me I'm not losing my effing mind!

Last edited by a moderator:
took a quick look at my 06, no foam there, the foam Yamaha wants you to keep is glued in.

Hey hey!No need to post the same item in two different locations there, post whore.
mrt.gif

rulz.gif

EDIT:

Hey, WTF happened here? I KNOW that when I posted this you had this post in two different areas (FJR Specific, and Technical Discussions). Tell me I'm not losing my effing mind!

Sssssssssssssft. Cough, cough. Phoooooooooooh. 'Nother hit?

:D

Gery Goose, You must have rushed your dealer so much :blink: that they did a sloppy job of unpacking and setting up!

Let the dealer know about this...

Hey hey!No need to post the same item in two different locations there, post whore.
mrt.gif

rulz.gif

EDIT:

Bitch and ye shall recieve, and then ye shall bitch even more.... :rolleyes: ;) :lol:

I was waitin'on like the 87th pic when we started getting into atomic structure of the offending bits...... :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
When the dealer serviced the bike at 600 miles they just left the foam there so I assumed it was supposed to be there. All it seems to be doing is acting like a sponge for the oil that spilled out of the filter when they changed it...

That foam is intended to be there and is glued to the fairing panel. Yours is just sticking out a bit more than most. You should just tuck it down in a bit and leave it alone.

It's function is to keep hot air from the exhaust off your feet.

Huh? Heat off feet? Um, okay... :dntknw:

Here's a shot of the AE from the Yamaha site, the choice is up to you, I guess:

stu-mcy06-13-sb-46s.jpg

Noticed this mystery foam on two A models at a couple of dealerships. Was wondering if it was something to do with vibration dampening for that longer piece of plastic. Can't imagine that as my 03 has no issues an it really looks to be similar. Anyway, tugged at it while nobody was looking and both were glued to the plastic...

John.

Yeah, my 06 has it there....I'm just going to yank it out when I change the oil filter the first time... Otherwise it'll just become a big ugly oily dirt magnet.