I love my FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have a strap on your wrist or mount it on the bike somewhere? Tyler said she had it in the handlebars. I could almost see a ram ball coming out of the Heliclamp with a clean little mount to hold it out of the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyler's bike has normal tubular motorcycle handlebars. We strapped it on the segment between the clamps holding the bars to the top triple tree. We have cast aluminum struts for handlebars which don't have that feature. I use the wrist strap and place it on my right arm above my elbow.

Either way it's a good way to control an ipod that's buried in the tank bag, or in your shirt pocket.

Brodie

I use an iPod Nanno mounted on a RAM ball mount next to the clutch reservoir. Clip in mounting plates specific to the various iPod shapes/sizes are available. The output is routed through my Starcom Advance.

P6080002.jpg

However, when it rains, the iPod must get stashed in a place that will stay dry. Heading east through AZ last summer I was stopped at a gas station. A rider who was headed west came up to me and asked if it was raining where I had just come through. He needed to know, he said, so that he could figure out what to do with his iPod.

Having the iPod tucked away all the time and mounting the iEZClick, with its (reportedly) glove-friendly controls and weather resistant build, on the bars, or on a RAM mount seems like an improvement to the set up I use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you need to keep your right elbow in closer on your backswing. :D Great pics, and these bikes are like a nice woman, hard not to like.

Looks like you need to keep your right elbow in closer on your backswing. :D Great pics, and these bikes are like a nice woman, hard not to like.
I noticed that in my photo as well. I would have liked to see a straighter left arm too but not having cleats on wet grass in the morning really kept my movement down more than I would have liked. :rolleyes: Motorcycle riding and golf after a long ride are an excellent combination.