I love my SuperBrace

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dobias

Reaction score
The other night a large Kamikazi raccon galloped towards me from the left across a two lane. I didn't even have time to think but I reacted by swerving to the right around the critter & back again. I swear I don't know how I missed it but my heart was going a mile a minute.

I've swerved many times in the past but it was more like wobbled before I installed the gull wing SuperBrace. It's great.

dobias <_<

I can see the Superbrace ad now..

[SIZE=21pt]DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU!!!![/SIZE]
3.jpg

Hey, folks, coupla questions regarding the install on a 2005 ABS:

1. Do I need to loosen the axle pinch bolts?

2. Anyone got a pic of just where, exactly, 1/8"

below the fork seals actually is?

(Hey, I aint no freakin' handyman type-so sue me...) :haha:

3. 10 ft./lbs. for torque ain't much, is it? Will the brace

stay put with Loc-Tite (Blue) on the threads?

Thanks again...

(Dang...gotta go get me a low ft./lb. torque wrench now...

will it EVER end???)

Jim :trinibob:

Last edited by a moderator:
1) yes

2) you will see a beveled edge at the top of the leg once the factory guards are off, place the top of the brace at the bottom of that bevel.

3) no, but then, it aint holding the head on either. Blue is fine, though without any I have yet to have it loosen in 1500 miles.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree fully with the kudos to the Superbrace. :D Vast improvement for a small investment. Bike seems to track better in a straight line, and is much more stable in turns. More solid all around. I used the Permatex 'Blue' product. So far, so good. Will inspect bolts periodically.

Once you get used to the improved steering response you'll stop over-correcting.

Not many of the waddling little garbage can diners get away now. Cats are still quite the challenge though... :beee:

TJ's got it down, just don't dart off the road going for 'em !

I took my 1st gen SB off in the fall and sent it back for replacement. I could tell the front end didn't feel as "tight". Or maybe I just lost confidence? Anyway, since I was going to sell the bike pretty soon, I thought I might not put the brace back on. But when riding, I really missed having it on, and I'm not even a peg dragger.

Just put the 2nd generation back on last week. (pricks wouldn't let me pay the difference and get the 3rd gen gull wing model, but at least after a year they still honored the "recall")

Man, the front end just feels SOOOooOOo much better with the SB on there.

Hope SB spools up and makes one for the '06 in a hurry! (if it needs one...)