I need pants...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueHammer

Reaction score
It's time to get some riding pants. I ride covered from head to fingers to toes, but those jeans on the weekend and dockers mon-fri. are just not in my comfort zone anymore, especially with all the fatalities this spring already.

Anyone have any favorable experiences with any particular type/brand textile riding pants? I need something I can wear over my work pants, waterproof is a +, and at a cost somewhat under aerostich prices. (though a 10-second roadcrafter suit would be the bees-knees)

Up top I'm currently sporting a JR Revolution jacket.

Thanks for the inputs...

Anyone have any favorable experiences with any particular type/brand textile riding pants?  I need something I can wear over my work pants, waterproof is a +, and at a cost somewhat under aerostich prices.  (though a 10-second roadcrafter suit would be the bees-knees)
If a Roadcrafter is what you really want then you should buy one. They aren't that expensive when you factor in how long it will last. I bought my current one in 1994 and except for the colors fading a bit it really doesn't show any significant wear.

But to answer your question, the Firstgear HT Overpants are a good buy. They are very warm with the liner in and totally waterproof.

NewEnough.com just put First Gear HT Air Overpants on close-out. I wear Hein Gericke HT Air Overpants, which are made by the same company but have a slightly different pocket arrangement, and really like them. Quick-on and quick-off makes commuting a breeze. They have a zip-in wind/rain liner.

First Gear HT Air Overpants

Ask and you shall receive!

g15823.jpg

here are some of the features of your favorite chaps bounce:

(taken from Motorcycle Superstore )

- These chaps caused quite a bit of ruckus when Icon secretly unveiled them

- Many people shook their heads in disapproval or disbelief

- We could go into the details of this product, but who really cares? They are what they are

- 1.2mm-1.4mm cat fight resistant leather chassis

- Loads of appliques and graphics

- Refined Icon women's specific pattern

- Full length metal zippers for easy ON/OFF

At $220, they are a bit out of my price range though.

It would be great if just one motorcycle clothing maker made pants with various lengthes like all ordinary pants are available in. A few companies offer a short and tall size, but most don't. It would be a big market advantage if some company went the route of multiple leg lengths.

If someone is doing it I'd like to hear about them.

I ve got the Fieldsheer Air Titanium 2 (06). Not too bad they are mesh and do let airflow which is nice but unfortunately on the left side is where I seem to get all heat on the FJR. So it can get a little warm around your shin and foot in those pants. I got mine on sale for 89.00, I believe, so not too bada price. My one real gripe is that the amour is pretty thick so when you move around on the bike for cornering and stuff the armour in the knees will push against the fairing. It may not bother some but it just kinda is something else to think about. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give 'em a 6.

Fiveo

+1 on the First Gear HT overpants from Newenough.

I got mine in the fall. Stayed toasty all winter and they are plenty waterproof.

I wear them everyday and they are easy on and off over work clothes.

Tim

Blue Hammer,

I did a lot of looking around and for all around whether hot or cool I landed on the Joe Rocket Alter-ego pants and jacket. Plenty of armor, cover including a wind and water proof liner and zip out panels when it's hot. They look like the ticket to me, I'll let you know how they work.

+ 1 on the Joe Rockets. I wear jeans when It's cooler, an' Dockers when the heat is on and find these to be not to bad. Only thing is the Dockers tend to wrinkle more when I wear them but, I'm no fashion slave so.....

:jester:

It would be great if just one motorcycle clothing maker made pants with various lengthes like all ordinary pants are available in. A few companies offer a short and tall size, but most don't. It would be a big market advantage if some company went the route of multiple leg lengths.
If someone is doing it I'd like to hear about them.
First Gear makes pants in shorts and longs, as well as standard lengths.

I ordered standard Fieldshier mesh pants and they are about 4+ inches too long, and stitched so complicated that altering them is WAY too much a PITA. They will be down in classifieds pretty soon.

So I went searching again. Glad to show you that New Enough has non-standard sizes.

New Enough First Gear mesh pants

I ordered a pair of these over the weekend. When I get them home and try them on, hopefully I'll find that a 29 1/2 leg is tolerable with my 28 inseam.