I seem to be one of the young'uns

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E1Allen

Youngster
Reaction score
I know being 24 and in the military I could have went out and bought any number of bikes, but I went and got the FJR instead. I noticed most on here have at least a few years on me, but someone tell me they are younger please...

E1Allen:

Welcome to the forum! You are obviously mature and wise beyond your years if you have selected a FJR. Good choice. Unfortunately, my avatar picture is older than you, but there are plenty of FJR pilots in your age group.

I used to live in Rocky Mount, NC and had riding buddies in the Fayetteville area. We used to make a regular trek down to Daytona for Bike Week and Biketoberfest. I made the trip multiple times on my 82 Suzuki GS 1100 EZ, so it would be a breeze on the FJR. Are planning on checking it out?

I already requested leave for those days. I haven't been to a bike week yet but I plan on attending this year, and the EOM '07 also.

George Burns once said, 'you're only as old as the women you feel'. I hope there isn't anyone on here that says they're 17.

I know being 24 and in the military I could have went out and bought any number of bikes, but I went and got the FJR instead. I noticed most on here have at least a few years on me, but someone tell me they are younger please...

Mentally or physically?

and welcome

Mentally or physically?

and welcome
i guess this morning just physically. For some reason I can't even make cream of wheat right...

I'm a little closer to your age, I'm 28...I had a VTX1300 for about a year and a half, during that period I also owned a 99 corvette. Sold the vette once my son was born and missed the ability to hit the go pedal...So I sold the VTX back in November and starting shopping for a bike that was more "me". I found it! :)

yeah, i was kinda looking for something that I could have fun on, and something that my wife could ride comfortably with me. I guess guys our age still want to go that little bit faster.

yeah, i was kinda looking for something that I could have fun on, and something that my wife could ride comfortably with me. I guess guys our age still want to go that little bit faster.
Thats basically what I was looking for, fun for me, but wife can still ride. Most of my friends are on faster bikes, I just don't see the need - this one is fast enough for me!

Thats basically what I was looking for, fun for me, but wife can still ride. Most of my friends are on faster bikes, I just don't see the need - this one is fast enough for me!
Yup...and if it was capable of going faster I'd certainly test it. Nothing good could come from that.

I don't think the "mature" age of FJR riders is so much a factor of the style of the bike but has alot to do with the initial cost of it. The items I can purchase now certainly would have been alot harder to buy when I was 24. I think many younger riders just don't have the financial capability to purchase ANY higher priced bike, not just the FJR.

Yeah, expensive bikes aren't on the list of things young riders buy. Although, it was the power windshield that sold me on the FJR:)

Yeah, your definately on the bottom end of the age scale around here. Don't let it get to you. When I was at the Iorn Butt National Meet, I was only member there under 30!

Sweet! A younger fjr owner! I thought I was the youngest at 31....

If you're ever near Colorado (when there isn't two feet of snow) lets go on a ride!

Last edited by a moderator:
"It' aint me babe"! (Sonny and Cher, circa 1970's... <_< )
I thought that was Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash? :blink: :lol:
Actually Bob Dylan wrote and performed the song in 1964. It was performed by Johnny and June Carter Cash, and also by the Turtles, Joan Baez and Nancy Sinatra.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Ain't_Me_Babe

Last edited by a moderator: