I seem to be one of the young'uns

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E1Allen,

Welcome to the forum and the FJR. Look forward to meeting you at EOM.

Make sure you bring your knitting needles!! :yahoo:

-jwilly

yeah, i was kinda looking for something that I could have fun on, and something that my wife could ride comfortably with me. I guess guys our age still want to go that little bit faster.
Thats basically what I was looking for, fun for me, but wife can still ride. Most of my friends are on faster bikes, I just don't see the need - this one is fast enough for me!

Agreed! Those are the exact reasons I bought it. I am not brand loyal in bikes, , trucks, or cars. Just want the right thing at the right time and this bike is it right now. I may move to a Wing in the years ahead but for now I'll just nap at home.

:D

E1Allen,Welcome to the forum and the FJR. Look forward to meeting you at EOM.

-jwilly
I'll bring my needles and some walking canes to pass around to the rest of ya'll.

Yeah, your definately on the bottom end of the age scale around here. Don't let it get to you. When I was at the Iorn Butt National Meet, I was only member there under 30!
I think it's a conspiracy. They know us young guns can outlast them on the road any day.

E1Allen,Welcome to the forum and the FJR. Look forward to meeting you at EOM.

-jwilly
I'll bring my needles and some walking canes to pass around to the rest of ya'll.

Yeah, your definately on the bottom end of the age scale around here. Don't let it get to you. When I was at the Iorn Butt National Meet, I was only member there under 30!
I think it's a conspiracy. They know us young guns can outlast them on the road any day.
Age is just a "state of mind." Although, it does seem that this crowd runs a bit later in that stage. Maybe you matured early? The military has a way of doing that. I should know, I'm getting ready to retire after nearly 25 yrs in less than 6 months from now! WhooHoo!

Aloha,

Duane

B)

Age is just a "state of mind." Although, it does seem that this crowd runs a bit later in that stage. Maybe you matured early? The military has a way of doing that. I should know, I'm getting ready to retire after nearly 25 yrs in less than 6 months from now! WhooHoo!

Aloha,

Duane

B)

Congrats Duane,

Congrats on Retirement soon. I have a few more years if I plan on putting in at least 20 to retire.

Ok, I've never meet an FJR pilot under 40. Maybe we got a bunch of sock puppets here? Or a bunch of wankers lying about thier ages. What, someone lie about thier age on the internet? Go get yourself a Gixxer. LOL

No E1, learn to ride like a Pro from some of these uh uh more experienced riders. Learn thier slow spped stuff and don't be too surprised when they pass you in the twisties. Don't worry because you can always do what I do- catch up when they take thier nap!!!

True. True.

But when it comes to the ugly factor, you were more towards the top of the pack.

:****:

I'm a late 26 at this point, but got my FJR for my 24th birthday. I'm used to being the young fart, but I guess I had to pass the crown sometime!

Welcome to the fold.

True. True.

But when it comes to the ugly factor, you were more towards the top of the pack.

I'm not denying that. But I know I'll always rank #2 when your in the room. :crazy:

Aloha,

Duane

B)

Hey Duane,

I used to live in Mililani Town ... Kahikinui Ct ... beautiful view of Koli Koli Pass at sunset from our lanai ... I sometimes miss it, but NC is a great place to live.

Aloha :) ,

JW

Don't let TurboDave hear you talking like that...he might see that as a challenge (and you might lose).

:unsure:
hail.gif

I can only hope to be as hardcore of a rider as TurboDave one day.

I'm a late 26 at this point, but got my FJR for my 24th birthday. I'm used to being the young fart, but I guess I had to pass the crown sometime!
Welcome to the fold.

So that's what I smell? :stink:

True. True.

I'm not denying that. But I know I'll always rank #2 when your in the room. :crazy:
:rofl:

Bitch slap points: Artie 1, Skooter 0

This topic is kinda double edged, While i liked being one the the younger members here (33), I feel older and wiser hanging out with these old farts! :lol:

They actually know what they are saying... (sometimes)

Wow, I think Slap, Allen, and I are the youngest memebers on the forum. I am 26. Looks like you win the prize Allen, possibly the youngest FJR owner that ever was. Get this man a trophy, in the shape of 12 pack!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I think Slap, Allen, and I are the youngest memebers on the forum. I am 26. Looks like you win the prize Allen, possibly the youngest FJR owner that ever was. Get this man a trophy, in the shape of 12 pack!

It don't sound like he's old enough to drink! :p :p Welcome!

I guess that being the young one on here isn't all that bad. I think being a dad shyed me away from a gixxer or something close. This is an excellent forum with all the info I need. Definately glad I looked around for the bike that would fit me best, and I think it has.

It don't sound like he's old enough to drink! :p :p Welcome!
I'll take that 12pack though.

Having a kid (at 52) did something to my Sanity!. I moved up from a ZX7 to the FJR. Now I have the best of all worlds. Welcome to the other side...

Last edited by a moderator: