I seem to have caught the farkle-bug

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bagster baby! Protects the paint on the tank from sun, tankbag, and from abrasive kevlar armor. The tank bag just flips up for fueling, so there's no hassel there B)
DSC_3613.jpg

Wow! Is that an animal skin fluffy seat cushion??? I liked the tank cover and bag up until I looked at the Brown, furry "whatever that is" on the seat!!

What is it and why?? :wow: :D

I hate magnetic (they never stay where they're supposed to) and strap-on (the straps are ALWAYS a big fiddly pain in the ass) tankbags.

I got the SW-Motech quick-lock system for all my bikes and literally click-its-on and click-its-off. It never touches the paint so there's no worry there. The convenience more than makes up for having to fit the ring, and fitting the ring only takes 30 minutes anyway.

Here's the best pic of the tank ring

Have a TourTech magnetic. It stays where I put it. It has scratched the tank-part of the deal. I still love it, it's hardwired for a MixIt etc, and when fueling I can just plop it to the side still stuck to the tank. Never used a Man Purse before I got Frank, now I'll never be without.

Damn

When I got home with the station-wagon givi bag, first order of business what to see if my laptop fits in the top part. No-go. It does fit in the bottom but aint no way I'm putting my laptop & its' HDD so close to magnets that strong (you could pull dents of a fender with 'em)

At least, the good news is you can fit a dozen beer (cans) in the top AND bottom case. Looks like I'm all set for camping, at least :)