I want an R1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More bikes that generate moto-lust! The only thing that concerns me having one of those is how long I before the performance awards start coming in from the po-po!! Those are beautiful machines, the '04 and on R1's are definately the best looking of the bunch to me.

My friend owns the R1, he rode his wife over to a diner we were meeting at. His wife hated being on the back of the R1 so he asked me if he can ridehis wife back on my FJR and I take the R1.... When we got back he asked me how I liked it... I told him his speedometer looked great!!! Because that's all

I can see!!!! I couldn't get my neck cranked up enough to see the road! HOW DO YOU GUYS RIDE THESE THINGS!!!

OK, I am vertically challenged but MAN! My neck was killing me for 2 days after that ride!

He said the Feejer was like riding a Caddy...

I couldn't agree more. I think a red R1 is the nicest Jap sport bike you can buy... hands down. It screams aggression and speed, but for me to actually

sit on one? I'm 6'2" so good luck. You nailed it on the head. The natural position for my head is looking straight down and having to crane my neck

up to ride.

Funny thing is, the R6 is a shorter wheelbase (I think) and its far more comfortable for me!

Probably a little late with my comments but really love my 02. Yeah the 04's are sexy with the underseat tailpipe but still like my 02. It camed farkled out with Ohlins and some other sweet mods.... dyno'ed at 151 at the wheel. :yahoo:

Probably a little late with my comments but really love my 02. Yeah the 04's are sexy with the underseat tailpipe but still like my 02. It camed farkled out with Ohlins and some other sweet mods.... dyno'ed at 151 at the wheel. :yahoo:

Yep,,, any year model R1 is as sweet as puppies in a croaker sack,,, and that's a fact.

Got mine ready tonight for a track weekend at Jennings GP this weekend. Just mounted a new set of Pirelli SC-1's for the "cold" track temps. ;)

EW2.jpg

Here's my 05 which is only being ridden on the track. I am a newb to track racing and it is really an adventure that I waited a long time to give it a shot. I strongly suggest it!

TurboDaveatCaliforniaSpeedwayFastRi.jpg
[/img]

FYI, I run a 190/55 CT 2 rear tire.

Last edited by a moderator: