I want to wisely purchase aluminium right angle valve stems...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patriot

Isabella is Lazarus
Reaction score
not to dis a preferred vendor in any way, but times are tight and need to only purchase "biggest bang for the buck" these days.

That being said, anyone have any reason I should skip this purchase:

Flee Bay Aluminum Right Angle Valve Stems $31

$29 plus $2 shipping

1403300186118080_1.jpg

and go with this one:

Bike Effects Alumium Right Angle Valve Stems $40

$30 + $10 shipping

119701s.jpg

Thanx much in advance,

Mike in Nawlins'

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry but you did some bad math only need to order 1 not 2.

These valves are for rims with 11.3mm holes, standard for Japanese motorcycles. Pkg of 2
I have these and like the fit and finish very well.

Hope this helps

Chuck

Sorry but you did some bad math only need to order 1 not 2.

These valves are for rims with 11.3mm holes, standard for Japanese motorcycles. Pkg of 2
I have these and like the fit and finish very well.

Hope this helps

Chuck
Sure does...I'm editing original post now

thanx much

too early in the a.m. before coffee I guess

actually it's old age (made 50 in Dec)...

<reaching for my aricept>

Mike

not to dis a preferred vendor in any way, but times are tight and need to only purchase "biggest bang for the buck" these days.That being said, anyone have any reason I should skip this purchase:

$29 plus $2 shipping

1403300186118080_1.jpg

and go with this one:

Bike Effects Alumium Right Angle Valve Stems $66

$30 less 10% discount is $27 plus $12 shipping

119701s.jpg
Patriot,

As you infer in your post, these appear to be the same identical item.

And as Slow Ride correctly notes, the correct price from BikeEffects is $27 for the pair (plus shipping), however when I calculate shipping to me (way up here in New Hampshire) it comes up at $10, not $12.

I bought mine from Jeff at Bike Effects the last time I needed to order something else (a Starcom1 cable for my RD). That way the shipping cost was mitigated somewhat. I prefer to do business with a guy like Jeff when I can, a fellow rider, forum member, and all around good guy, so he will be there in the future when I need more stuff.

I promptly forgot to install one when I just swapped front tires last week before my vacation trip. Doh! :blink:

So it will have to wait until the next one. Rear one will be installed just as soon as I get my ass in gear and replace the rear tire (at zero tread now).

not to dis a preferred vendor in any way, but times are tight and need to only purchase "biggest bang for the buck" these days.That being said, anyone have any reason I should skip this purchase:

$29 plus $2 shipping

1403300186118080_1.jpg

and go with this one:

Bike Effects Alumium Right Angle Valve Stems $66

$30 less 10% discount is $27 plus $12 shipping

119701s.jpg
Patriot,

As you infer in your post, these appear to be the same identical item.

And as Slow Ride correctly notes, the correct price from BikeEffects is $27 for the pair (plus shipping), however when I calculate shipping to me (way up here in New Hampshire) it comes up at $10, not $12.

I bought mine from Jeff at Bike Effects the last time I needed to order something else (a Starcom1 cable for my RD). That way the shipping cost was mitigated somewhat. I prefer to do business with a guy like Jeff when I can, a fellow rider, forum member, and all around good guy, so he will be there in the future when I need more stuff.

I promptly forgot to install one when I just swapped front tires last week before my vacation trip. Doh! :blink:

So it will have to wait until the next one. Rear one will be installed just as soon as I get my ass in gear and replace the rear tire (at zero tread now).
Thanx Fred, I agree with everything you said and have edited my post to show $30 plus $10 shipping

I'm looking through his web site to possibly find something else I need to get to $50 so I receive the 10% discount

When it was like $66 vs $32, well, I was in a quandry. But I care less about $40 vs $31 - 9$ is beyond the good service and relationship with this forum by Jeff.

I've also contacted Jeff Q who rides with me alot to see if he needs anything.

Let's see, need $20 more to get the discount...Ohlins Shock, I do need a shock on my ole '04 with 95k miles...

Hey AIW (angelic italian wifey), I want to get this discount, how about a new shock to make your riding pillion real comfortable... :rolleyes:

that's it...ah, better not wake her with the news and just order it...that's it... :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny, I never seem to have any trouble finding stuff I "need" from BikeEffects. It's keeping the shopping cart total down to a number I can pay for that is my dilemma. ;)

Patriot: Your post #5 has your head gettin straight! IMO this is a no-brainer - support Bike Effects - in the most unlikely event there is ever a problem Jeff will make it right. FleaBay? - not so much...