IExit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LKLD

I miss Don. 😔
Reaction score
I came across this app, before taking off for EOM. It's designed for interstates only, so slabbing is where it's to be used. It tells you everything on each exit, whether there's gas, food, lodging, stores and such. It's also specific, giving you the names of the stores, restaurants, gas stations, and in many cases, gas and motel pricing. It'll also tell you of rest areas. It gives mileage for each exit, which constantly updates as you move along. It will show the next 4 exits ahead of you (it knows your direction), but you can scroll down to see further ahead.

I really like this app, and found it extremely useful! Despite the name, it's for both Apple and Android phones. $.99 is a one time charge, no recurring charges!

Anyway, just thought I'd share it.

https://iexitapp.com

Yup, I've used it a fair amount when i was travelling over the past few years. I like the fact it shows how far until the next exit. I found that useful when someone {Semi} was in the right lane and i missed the sign.

Thank you!!! I had totally forgot to write the name down! (Or anything else about the great app....)

Pretty sure it was you that had told me about this at EOM..... But those nights in the parking lot kinda all blurred together....

I've got it now, and it will be put to use extensively in these next few weeks. Thanks again!

On the motorcycle, I like "up-ahead" that shows fuel, restaurants, motels, and other POIs ahead on any road. It's less distracting working with the GPS and mostly reliable. This sounds like a nice planning tool for the car on an Interstate trip, but I think the Zumo up-ahead feature is still right up there if you don't have a passenger to do the app and searching.

Tom, I have my phone plugged in, and the app running. It stays up and updates distances, and exits as I pass them. This way, I keep the GPS doing what it's doing, and a glance at the phone tells me what I need to see.

I'm sure it's not for everyone.

Makes sense, I'm seriously considering it. Lots better than relying on those signs for upcoming exit that show restaurants, motels and fuel.

Downloaded and installed it but haven't used it yet. For android the basic app is free. It asks to sign in but that's not necessary to use the app if you so choose.