If "Glove Nirvana" can exist, I think I've found it

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My gloves STINK. No really they smell like rotted bug juice. They are Frank Thomas Touring gloves and have the kevlar knuckles and wrist support. They have seen only about 4k miles. I've tryed to wash them, but don't know if this was the thing to do cause now they stink worse after another month. Any one else have a stink problem (with their gloves)?
So I just ordered the Racer glove. :p

This forum has cost me alot in farkles and gear! :D :D

edited on 5/3
I've got the same problem with some Frank Thomas gloves, made with kangaroo, by the way. Saved my hands in a somersault, though. I won't buy another of the brand.

I ordered a pair of Lee Parks gloves from Fox Creek Leathers ($79.95 shipped for the Deer Tours) last week, Hopefully, they'll be comfortable and will fit under some snowboard gloves for extreme cold/wet work. BTW, V-Strom handguards ROCK!

Toe,

I wore my Deertours (with thermal liners underneath them) on an all day ride back home to Houston from Big Bend back in February. Temperatures never got out of the 20's. I had the Vstrom guards on the bike. As much as they did get my hands out of the airflow, after 5-6 hours at those temperatures... cold soak is gonna happen, unless you have something generating heat (i.e. electrics). In almost any temperature above freezing, the Deertours are good/very good... but they're not real cold weather gloves (although Lee does sell a "cold temp" touring glove...).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I'd do a final followup... my mediums "Multi-tops" finally got in about a week or so ago... my girls gave them to me for Father's day. Gotta say they're really comfortable, and I think I'm going to like them a lot. Don't know how they'll compare to the deertours in terms of keeping cool during the summer, but like the protection and the supposed waterproof nature. Also like the looks... B)

Last edited by a moderator:
My Held Akiras are great in the hot weather. It's the Kangaroo skin, I think. Let's 'em breathe. You're gonna like the Multis, if that waterproofing breathes, too.