If you bought Strada tires on clearance, read this.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaulinAshe

Reaction score
I know a Pirelli Diablo Strada and I know exactly what to expect from that tire on an FJR. I'm still in therapy for withdrawals when Pirelli announced the Strada discontinued. And like many others I latched onto every Strada on clearance I could afford, especially the fronts.

The past couple months I've been battling a Strada front that does something extremely weird. It rumbles a bit on just one side and has proven time and time again, to lose traction unexpectedly in right-hand corners when pushed hard. It works just fine on the left side. The tire is wearing normally and looks perfectly normal, except for the obvious sideways abrasions when it's been skipping (and soiling my shorts).

About a month ago it occurred to me that there's no telling how long that tire sat in some Cycle Gear store window as a display model and getting one side sunburned, or how much time it spent in the back warehouse under a stack of fresh Angels. Anyway, my point is that IF you are like me and have been sitting on those last precious few Stradas you picked up on super clearance special... Get them out and wear them out now! But do be careful. They may not be the beloved stickiness you expect. Instead, they may scare the crap out of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know a Pirelli Diablo Strada and I know exactly what to expect from that tire on an FJR. I'm still in therapy for withdrawals when Pirelli announced the Strada discontinued. And like many others I latched onto every Strada on clearance I could afford, especially the fronts.

The past couple months I've been battling a Strada front that does something extremely weird. It rumbles a bit on just one side and has proven time and time again, to lose traction unexpectedly in right-hand corners when pushed hard. It works just fine on the left side. The tire is wearing normally and looks perfectly normal, except for the obvious sideways abrasions when it's been skipping (and soiling my shorts).

About a month ago it occurred to me that there's no telling how long that tire sat in some Cycle Gear store window as a display model and getting one side sunburned, or how much time it spent in the back warehouse under a stack of fresh Angels. Anyway, my point is that IF you are like me and have been sitting on those last precious few Stradas you picked up on super clearance special... Get them out and wear them out now! But do be careful. They may not be the beloved stickiness you expect. Instead, they may scare the crap out of you.
So ya going to change your handle to soiledash?

What's the date code?

Never was a huge fan of the Strada, but I am running my last set of discontinued Dunlop D220s. Date codes make them almost 4 years old. They still stick like glue. :yahoo: