I'm buying new gloves

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have enjoyed these:
racer-gloves.jpg

Article Clicky
Ya' know what? I'd probably buy a pair of these if they weren't vented. I want the non vent type. I've got vented gloves already.
there's only 2 knuckle vents with screens -- a little dab of black silicone sealant -- and no vents!

glue here:

racer-gloves-knuckles.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have enjoyed these:
racer-gloves.jpg

Article Clicky
Ya' know what? I'd probably buy a pair of these if they weren't vented. I want the non vent type. I've got vented gloves already.
there's only 2 knuckle vents with screens -- a little dab of black silicone sealant -- and no vents!

glue here:

racer-gloves-knuckles.jpg
Two teeny vents... Hahahaha... What a tease to someone who might really want the air. Me, I've got handguards on my bike in the colder weather. I can wear regular unlined gloves down to about 45-50 degrees. I like the "feel" w/ unlined & will wear them as long as I possibly can into the winter.

Heidi, I use the Lee Parks Deerskin and they're the best gloves I've ever had! Unlined and only have a short gauntlet although you can buy a pair with the longer guantlet. Never had deerskin before - they're great, you can sweat in 'em, leave them to dry overnight and they aren't stiff the next day. Jeff Ashe was telling me about that as a problem...oops, different subject!! :D (That statement about Jeff is a lame attempt at humor, nothing else is intended. If you don't get it, please disregard.) They're also nimble - example, when gassing I don't have to take my gloves off to get my credit card outta my wallet, etc. Great gloves although not cheap. I got them from Fox Creek Leather.

I really like my Cortech Scarab RR gloves. They look/feel like they'd protect well in a get off. This is my 2nd year wearing them. I have Cortech jackets (hot and cold weather) pants, boots, tail/tank bags etc and think they're stuff is top notch. I also don't want to look like Joe squidly wanna bee and think the Scarab in all black look good and not tacky.
h_q1_black_black.jpg

They can be found online for ~$70

Oh yeah they're very comfortable also.

more info: Clicky

Steve
Steve, I like these. This is kinda' like what I'm looking for. Are these gloves ventilated? I saw a blurb in the description mentioning venting. I don't want ventilation. Maybe it was stating that they breathe.

Squeezer, the Roadgear look pretty nice. I like the 3 season gloves... but they're lined. I'd really like to get a nice pair of unlined gloves.

The motostrano gloves... well, they look nice. They are pretty pricey. And they also mentioned venting. Are they vented?

The Lee Parks... as soft and nice as they are... I couldn't find a pair that fit well when I was trying them on at the International Cycle Show that I went to.

Please keep the suggestions coming. I'm seeing nice gloves that I never knew existed. Thank you very much everyone.
No they are not vented. I wear them in temps 40-low 80s then the lighter gloves go on.

Steve