I'm Legit now :)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bag liners have always come with the FJR since 03 unless something has changed that I don't know about. Or the dealers are screwing you.

GP

Correct, GPRider. Liners come with the bike. Salesman only WANTED you to think you were getting some sorta bonus on the liners.

Anyway, don't make the mistake of going out to look at the bike in the garage before ya go to bed at night. It'll be fine. But you won't sleep a wink...

By the way, what was the breakdown on the cost of that YES warranty?

Gary

darksider #44

You're gonna love it! And if it makes you feel any better, we don't get bag liners included here in the North.
sadsmiley.gif

congrats on your new girl , ive noticed you put blind spot mirrors on , the fz1 mirrors bolt straight on and you can see every thing around you, and behind you as well

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats on your new girl , ive noticed you put blind spot mirrors on , the fz1 mirrors bolt straight on and you can see every thing around you, and behind you as well
I've seen that mentioned. Funny thing is, I have an FZ1 and one of the gripes about it is that the mirrors SUCK. We have a MOD called the FuzzyOne Mirror Mod. You take the RH mirror and mount it on the left and the LH on the right. It pushes the mirrors out and down so you can see behind you. I did that and installed the blindspot mirrors on my FZ

I can actually see pretty well behind me with the stock FJR mirrors. The blind spot mirrors just give a tad more.

Yea Wlfman, it'll blow your mind. Apparently the FZ1 mirrors work better on the FJR than they do on the FZ1. Who knew?
biggrin.png
Likely it's because they have a more solid mount point on the FJR, and since they stick out a bit further, folks like them better than the FJR mirrors.

You're gonna love it! And if it makes you feel any better, we don't get bag liners included here in the North.
sadsmiley.gif
True dat. But we get that immobilizer dealie.

I skipped on buying the bags from the dealer, scored a brand new set still in the packing here in forum WAY cheaper. Mind you, I did buy the factory sliders and a new tank bag.

Congrats on the bike to the originial poster. Get your butt down to EOM this weekend.

And the Mods/Farkles are under way.

On order:

Canyon Cages (front and rear)

Fender Extender

SW Motech Alu-Rack top rack (already have a Givi V46 top case)

And my name is on the list for the possible RDL Seat group buy

Congratulation on your new bike.

There is a post somewhere, maybe in the FAQ, that talks about what to look for when you pick up a new bike.

On previous models, and probably also on yours, you should get the bag liners, some plastic covers which cover the holes left when you remove the side cases, and a spare lock that matches your key. That third lock is there in case you buy the Yamaha top box.