I'm PISSED !!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll just say that the kickstand design and the saddlebag locking design on the FJR are poor and at best,lacking common sense by the engineers.

Well, thank you very much for stating the obvious...I was kinda confused there for a second... :grin: :grin: *ducking and running* :)

I'll just say that the kickstand design and the saddlebag locking design on the FJR are poor and at best,lacking common sense by the engineers.
That's odd, most of the reviews I've read have given praise to the system Yamaha uses for it's side cases...

The FJR has a side stand? Really? And all this time I've been parking it next to a tree to lean it on...Thanks for the tip.

Another helpful "tip" to those who are having kickstand difficulty.

a94_w2.jpg

:unsure:

That's odd, most of the reviews I've read have given praise to the system Yamaha uses for it's side cases...
Well...if you do a quick search here you will find that some members lost their bags while riding. They stopped, got off the bike and found one of their bags just gone. There is a quick solution for this, you have to drill a hole through the bag lower corner piece and the bike frame part that it's going over and put a pin through it, that will secure it for good. I haven't done that yet either, but am planning on doing that soon!

Another helpful "tip" to those who are having kickstand difficulty.
a94_w2.jpg

:unsure:
Good one!!!! Ouch, just the thought of it... :dribble:

Last edited by a moderator:
Scotty,

I'll take that under advisement..Might just be the finishing touch the, Busts Shave yer Anus at Home Kits [SIZE=8pt]tm[/SIZE] are lacking.

Thanks!

:jester:

Lets get this back on topic. I am going to graft a Harley side stand on my FJR. They lock in place so they stay on the stand even with the operator drunk from all that tavern riding.

Bust you can go back to your ass now. :****:

Well...if you do a quick search here you will find that some members lost their bags while riding. They stopped, got off the bike and found one of their bags just gone. There is a quick solution for this, you have to drill a hole through the bag lower corner piece and the bike frame part that it's going over and put a pin through it, that will secure it for good.
Well...some members never lost their bags while riding -- ever (in many tens of thousands of miles).

What's the solution for their problem...? :unsure:

Lets get this back on topic. I am going to graft a Harley side stand on my FJR. They lock in place so they stay on the stand even with the operator drunk from all that tavern riding.Bust you can go back to your ass now. :****:
FJRay, you bring up a point that I have wondered about over my 45 years of street riding. Why hasn't any other bike manufacturer gone to the locking side stand mechanism that Harley-Davidson has been using since the Knuckleheads of the 1930's? Though, the BMW /2's did have a nice side stand that was reliable.

But the /5 started the flimsy BMW side stands that continue to this day in the BMW's. My 1974 R90S had such an unreliable side stand, that I wired it up the frame with a twist wire; so I was forced to use the center stand. If I really wanted to use the side stand, I had the extra work of unwiring it; to break myself of trusting the side stand. I know you're a fantastic mechanic and machinist, I'll be following this project with great interest. Might be a business opportunity for you!

Well...if you do a quick search here you will find that some members lost their bags while riding. They stopped, got off the bike and found one of their bags just gone. There is a quick solution for this, you have to drill a hole through the bag lower corner piece and the bike frame part that it's going over and put a pin through it, that will secure it for good.
Well...some members never lost their bags while riding -- ever (in many tens of thousands of miles).

What's the solution for their problem...? :unsure:
Good call, cmmf! Whenever I read a post here about missing bags, I just shake my head. I've owned my Miss Lucy Liu for over 7.5 years now without any lost bags!

Lets get this back on topic. I am going to graft a Harley side stand on my FJR. They lock in place so they stay on the stand even with the operator drunk from all that tavern riding.Bust you can go back to your ass now. :****:
FJRay, you bring up a point that I have wondered about over my 45 years of street riding.
Ray, I sold me ass.. Just Sheep here now. :p Plus I don't recommend a "total ass shave with me shavers.. They aren't up to the task of "field" mowing. ;)

45 years?

Shit, did they have Streets back then? Street riding on a Burro? How'd that work out?

Or, is this just some terminology you've created in that fertile mind of yours to actually indicate a sexual maneuver with this animal?

FJRay, you bring up a point that I have wondered about over my 45 years of street riding.
Ray, I sold me ass.. Just Sheep here now. :p Plus I don't recommend a "total ass shave with me shavers.. They aren't up to the task of "field" mowing. ;)

45 years?

Shit, did they have Streets back then? Street riding on a Burro? How'd that work out?

Or, is this just some terminology you've created in that fertile mind of yours to actually indicate a sexual maneuver with this animal?

Bust, I'm getting senile! Got my 1959 Triumph 500 Speed Twin in March 1963, so actually will make 47 years next month. Much prefer Burros over your Bluesy! Streets?

When my 2005 got totaled in a crash,the bike slid and fipped for 100 feet. I was amazed to walk over and see the bags still attached. They had every right to go flying and open up. When I later went to the insurance lot I looked at the mounting points and they were solid. The sides of the bags were pretty shaved down though. I think it's all about the rear sliding mechanism being fully inserted in the tailpiece. Fortunately for me no one broke in to them either!