In case you want to go INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
Not for the FJR.... but for a LOT of different sportbikes....

Carrozzeria Forged Aluminum Wheels Group Buy

hyoushi.jpg

This Group Buy ends on Feb 14th.

You have an additional FIVE weeks to make your payments.

Normal retail $1580.00, not including shipping/insurance.

Group Buy Price: $1200, delivered anywhere in the lower 48 states.

Wheels include all bearings, spacers and cush drive (you provide the sprocket).

Read all about it: https://www.superblackbird.com/Carrozzeria/

Personally, I am scoring these gold-anodized babies for my R1: :D

Carrozzeriagold.jpg

Here are all the models bikes that Carrozzeria makes these wheels for:

https://www.czusainc.com/

Somebody musta gotta raise... :good:

Either that, or were you the dude who did the smash and grab at Tiffany's the other day? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
:dribble:

WTF is wrong with you Warchild?!?!?!?!? I'm suppose to be paying OFF my credit cards with my tax return not adding $1200 to them!!!!!!

Must resist getting a set for my 954.... must resist..... I dont really need to eat for the next few months do I? You can survive off just water and rice right? Its only money right? No, must not give in!

Now if you come up with a group buy on Ohlins front forks, my wallet is going to go in hiding with the witness protection plan! :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Somebody musta gotta raise...  :good:
Not quite, but not too far off the mark.... my wife's consulting business is taking off like gangbusters, and that's what is allowing the procurement of these wheels. :D

The gold-anodized set is gong to look awesome against the deep red on my R1, I'm thinking..... B)

Too, it's not like these are simply pure bling; they save almost 4 lbs of unsprung weight and rotating mass, which is really saying something in that the stock wheels on the late-generation R1 are amazingly featherweight right from the factory! :bigeyes:

Too, it's not like these are simply pure bling; they save almost 4 lbs of unsprung weight and rotating mass...
And that's a good thing :thumbup:

I'm waiting for some carbon fiber wheels myself, once this Lotto thing finally comes through.

You're cruel, WC. I went to their site hoping to see wheels for the FJR. Oh well, I haven't figured out how to finance Dale Walker's heades yet, much less new wheels.

Well, shit, here it is! It was THIS purchase (plus the deal on both sprockets and chain) for my Blackbird that most motivated me to buy the '03 XX a couple days ago . . . because I started thinking I was committed to putting too much $$ in a 9 yr. old bike. Now, with a nearly pristine '03 to put them on, I'm REALLY looking forward to having my polished silver Carrozzerias!!!

Hey, WC, Mike (at CTS) told me what you have up your sleeve in the way of suspension testing for the XX (and that it MAY lead to another GB for XXs). You BAD man!!! That friggin' Night Train of yours is going to be the most heavily farkled XX in Red Bluff, isn't it?

I grabbed my '97 fork legs back from my front suspension installer after I bought the '03, so that the '03 will now get the Superbrace and Race Tech set up. I also got hold of Mike to change the Carrozzeria order to accommodate the '03 front wheel instead of the '97. Still needing a Wilbers on the back (of the '03 now), and am now up in the air about either going ahead with the Race Tech front suspension for the '03 or awaiting the outcome of your testing (mum's the word on what he told me, BTW). Thinking I'm gonna order a serpent Micron 4-2-1 with SS can for the '03, so I can swap the CF can onto the '03 and put that SS can on the '97 for sale (they have different collector combinations for the carbed vs. FI models). I guess this means I also need a power commander for it.

All I can say is that YOU sir, are the FARKLING SATAN! And we love you for it. :D

BTW folks, most of you have only to be tempted by WC and his irresistible group buys for one bike. I get tempted on TWO sites for TWO bikes! (Yeah, and I am weaker than hell -- the bastard's GBs are always the high end goodies that I almost always cannot live without.) I can only imagine how bad it'd be if I also had an R1 and found him doing his evil on an R1 site too. Thank God I'm no longer married! "Cause it's damn sure THAT wouldn't last, and these GBs would REALLY cost me a fortune!!!!

Oh yeah, now THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout! These are gorgeous! Me like the bling effect!!! :D

How come none for the FJR? I'd LOVE (yes, I'm yelling) a set for the FJR. Had actually thought about calling the compamy to see how many orders it would take to make FJR rims. Warchild... any ideas?

You're cruel, WC. I went to their site hoping to see wheels for the FJR.
You must have missed the opening four words in this thread... :D

That friggin' Night Train of yours is going to be the most heavily farkled XX in Red Bluff, isn't it?
Bad news, there... even though I'll be in the general vicinity, I can't attend the Blackbird gathering this year... it's the same weekend as the Cal 24. :(

Had actually thought about calling the compamy to see how many orders it would take to make FJR rims. Warchild... any ideas?
I think the chances are next to none.... Carrozzeria only makes these beauties for chain-drive bikes. To be honest, it's not like saving 4-5 lbs of weight is going to make a massively huge difference on a big sport-touring rig like the FJR. :(

That friggin' Night Train of yours is going to be the most heavily farkled XX in Red Bluff, isn't it?
Bad news, there... even though I'll be in the general vicinity, I can't attend the Blackbird gathering this year... it's the same weekend as the Cal 24. :(
When I read you were doing that, I wondered how you would do both. IIRC, the Cal 24 is a day or two off from the scheduled Red Bluff meet. Oh well, we'll have to get by without you -- my new '03 with the silver wheels and Noel's new '03 with all that gold bling won't be so far overshadowed as if you'd made it.

very nice but 1200 beans is out of the question right now have 3 trips comeing up in the next 12 mths .