In need of a GOOD aux cable for ipod!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DELETE-PLEASE

Reaction score
I use an aux cable to connect my ipod to my headset or the wife's car when we ride in it (3.5mm jack on both ends). EVERY cable till now works fine initially, and then due to repeated twistin of the wires while riding, when putting it in my pocket, etc. etc., gets to a point where you have to twist it and loop it and hold it JUST right, otherwise you only get sound out of one speaker.

I need a good DURABLE cable so I can have my ipod in my jacket pocket, the jack in my INTEGRATR unit, and NOT have to keep twisting it while on the road to get my stereo sound back. What's out there for that that can stand up to abuse and doesn't cost an exorbitant amount of $$$?

Alexi

I would suggest making your own cable and be sure to install an industrial grade strain relief on each end of the cable. That is the only way to be sure the cable is strong enough and still be inexpensive.

I found a heavy duty one at Radio Shack.

You can also reenforce the cable ends by crazy gluing tubing over the last 5 inches...

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a heavy duty one at Radio Shack.

You can also reenforce the cable ends by crazy gluing tubing over the last 5 inches...
I bought a pretty heavy-duty one at Radio Shack as well. Been using it nearly three years without fail.

+3 on the Radio Shack cable, it's pretty heavy duty. I got one to connect my Droid X to the stereo at work. I think it was around $5.

1120506077_photobucket_96975_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: