inexpesive wave rotors on ebay

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ramblin Man

Reaction score
I've been seeing the cheap wave rotors on ebay. Nice price but worried that I may get what I pay for. However I do remember that when the name brand wave rotors first came out they were about half what hey cost now. The description sounds ok. Anyone try a set? I may have to break down and try a set.

I believe these are Chinese-made, if they are the same ones being discussed on the Busa forums.

I may have to break down and try a set.
I guess this would be a good time, then, to mention the GALFER BRAKE SYSTEM GROUP BUY starts on Monday, Feb 11th, and runs for two weeks.

For this Group Buy, I will be approaching things a little differently... these prices I have got are so insanely low, I can't publish them in the public domain. Galfer forbids it. We would only make life very, VERY difficult for the vendor if I did.

So.....

You will have to request a unique password that will be emailed to you, and you will use it to log into a private web page to see the prices and sign up for the GB. Even then, I can't reveal the vendor until the GB signup period is over on Feb 25. At that time, the vendor contact info will be emailed to you, and and you can then contact the vendor and order away.

Y'all remember the AWESOME pricing we got for the Spiegler SS brake line kits a couple years ago? The one that got UMotors in trouble with other vendors/distributors? This GB schema will prevent that. These prices are THAT low!!! :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

Good News: The GB is open to all model year FJRs.

Bad News: There are no brake line kits for ABS models, regardless of year. HOWEVER, you ABS guys can still get the HH pads and Galfer Wave rotors.

Wait till you see the prices on the Wave Rotors... this is a major, major score for us!! :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Do the wave rotors offer significant additional stopping power over the OEM's, or is it mostly a cosmetic improvement?

Do the wave rotors offer significant additional stopping power over the OEM's, or is it mostly a cosmetic improvement?

More exposed surface area is supposed to provide better heat disappation.

So, under lots of extended hard braking (like on a race track), one would expect less brake fade.

Early models advertised weight savings. But, OE rotors have gotten lighter over the years.

Now, someone has to weight parts to prove any savings. (especially on crotch rockets)

If there is weight savings at the wheel, that's a big deal for acceleration and handling.

Price is sometimes cheaper than OE replacement.

Cheaper part with some bling. Can be a no brainer if you actually need new rotors.

I believe these are Chinese-made, if they are the same ones being discussed on the Busa forums.

I may have to break down and try a set.
I guess this would be a good time, then, to mention the GALFER BRAKE SYSTEM GROUP BUY starts on Monday, Feb 11th, and runs for two weeks.

For this Group Buy, I will be approaching things a little differently... these prices I have got are so insanely low, I can't publish them in the public domain. Galfer forbids it. We would only make life very, VERY difficult for the vendor if I did.

So.....

You will have to request a unique password that will be emailed to you, and you will use it to log into a private web page to see the prices and sign up for the GB. Even then, I can't reveal the vendor until the GB signup period is over on Feb 25. At that time, the vendor contact info will be emailed to you, and and you can then contact the vendor and order away.

Y'all remember the AWESOME pricing we got for the Spiegler SS brake line kits a couple years ago? The one that got UMotors in trouble with other vendors/distributors? This GB schema will prevent that. These prices are THAT low!!! :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

Good News: The GB is open to all model year FJRs.

Bad News: There are no brake line kits for ABS models, regarless of year. HOWEVER, you ABS guys can still get the HH pads and Galfer Wave rotors.

Wait till you see the prices on the Wave Rotors... this is a major, major score for us!! :yahoo:

Thanks for organizing this! Hopefully I can get rear SS Spieglers Galfers for my 05 non abs. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummm......... yeah Galfer's.
Too much LDS in the 60's.

Yeah, I gots that Lysdexia thing goin.............
That wasn't dyslexia. He meant too many Mormons.

BTW, hanging out around here sure makes it hard to finish paying off the credit card balance. I mean, until a few minutes ago, I thought my brakes were perfectly fine.

Ummm......... yeah Galfer's.
Too much LDS in the 60's.

Yeah, I gots that Lysdexia thing goin.............
That wasn't dyslexia. He meant too many Mormons.

BTW, hanging out around here sure makes it hard to finish paying off the credit card balance. I mean, until a few minutes ago, I thought my brakes were perfectly fine.

Yeah, it's funny how terrible your brakes, seat, suspension, etc gets when these guys line up big discounts on replacements. I changed out my pads this fall, but the brakes still don't seem to stop as good as when I first got the bike. I bet the rotors and lines are heading south!

Group Buy just in time. :yahoo:

Awww, No ABS lines. sooo sad :(
Bill
True, 'tis a bummer....

However, you can still get these tasty Galfer Waves..... :wub:

galfer2-lo.jpg

I've got a set Of Galfer Waves on my 06 FZ1 & like them a lot. It also has galfer lines & radial master cyclinder from an R1. Much better initial bite & overall brake feel IMO. Just when I was starting to look at upgrading the Feejer's brakes also. Great timing. :yahoo:

Spiegler offered to make a custom set of brake/clutch hoses for my '08. I may take them up on it this spring as they are only a couple of hours or so away. That way they will be able to catolog them for the Gen II bikes.

The only other brake lines i would consider are the HEL brand. I will try to contact them to see if they are making kits for late fjr applications yet.