Info needed Zumo660 connected to Starcom one Digital

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRONAMISSION

Flying at the speed of smell ;))
Reaction score
I have a Zumo660 and a Motorola Razr phone from AT&T going through my Starcom 1 to helmet................

660 to Starcom to helmet ....... good

Phone to 660 by bluetooth okay, but no phone book and nothing gets to the helmet when dialing................

anyone near San Jose have a Zumo660 to Starcom digital with their phone Bluetooth to the 660 and working.... PM me please.

B...

Go the the bluetooth settings and delete your phone. Now go to your phone and add your 660. Check your phone settings and make sure your phonebook is shared over bluetooth.

At least that's what I did when I have the same issue with my Blackberry.

Go the the bluetooth settings and delete your phone. Now go to your phone and add your 660. Check your phone settings and make sure your phonebook is shared over bluetooth.
Thanks for the info........... But that didn't work for shiet for me.......... no luck

This sucks big time........ :angry2:

B......

Thanks for the info........... But that didn't work for shiet for me.......... no luck

B......
I have to admit it took me a couple of days sitting in my chair with my GPS in my lap, my cell phone beside me and my helmet on my head saying "Call home" "Call HOum" "Call HhhhhOOOOMMMMEEEE". My wife gave me hell too. I had to hide the cam-corder.

To tell the truth, I don't think Bluetooth is ready for prim time just yet. It's always a pain in the butt to get anything more than the basic functions to work.

B......
I have to admit it took me a couple of days sitting in my chair with my GPS in my lap, my cell phone beside me and my helmet on my head saying "Call home" "Call HOum" "Call HhhhhOOOOMMMMEEEE". My wife gave me hell too. I had to hide the cam-corder.

To tell the truth, I don't think Bluetooth is ready for prim time just yet. It's always a pain in the butt to get anything more than the basic functions to work.

THANKS PARTNER....

Now........... Autocom??...... might be time for a move.

B.

Nothing wrong with my troubleshooting skills......

If your piece of crap starcom don't work junk it and buy an

Having said that no amount of Autocoms will help if your razor phone is not compatible with the 660.

Brian have you check that?

R

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing wrong with my troubleshooting skills......If your piece of crap starcom don't work junk it and buy an

Having said that no amount of Autocoms will help if your razor phone is not compatible with the 660.

Brian have you check that?

R

Yep........ my Razr is on the Zumo660 list........

...... Now Starcom Bought Autocom....... which unit will survive and which one gets the priority bug support ??

B.....

Starcom vs. Autocom does not apply in this situation.

Sitting in the front seat of Brian's car with the Garmin 660 plugged into the cig lighter on the dash, the Razor did not work with the Garmin. This is an issue between those two devices. According to Brian, the Razor is on the supported list.

Anyone in the San Jose Bay Area have those two units paired up and working as advertised?

:clapping: Brian needs your help. :clapping:

Brodie

Sitting in the front seat of Brian's car with the Garmin 660 plugged into the cig lighter on the dash, the Razor did not work with the Garmin. This is an issue between those two devices. According to Brian, the Razor is on the supported list.

Anyone in the San Jose Bay Area have those two units paired up and working as advertised?

Brodie
Brodie is correct...... I've been busy trying to get some resolution regarding ....are there ANY non data mandatory phones that actually work with the 660

https://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=205

https://www.zumoforums.com/index.php?topic=11490.0

B.......

I had the razor and I have the 660 and I did not have any issues? I also have the Autocom and moved over to a Crackberry for work and it also works as described. No problems here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brodie
Is the Garmin running all of the latest updates?

I had the razor and I have the 660 and I did not have any issues? I also have the Autocom and moved over to a Crackberry for work and it also works as described. No problems here.
Which carrier are you using ??

and THANK YOU for the info................

B...

Which carrier are you using ??

and THANK YOU for the info................

B...
I changed over to Verizon a few years ago and I can't remember is I was with AT&T on my old plan or Verizon on my new plan. I think it was AT&T. Your welcom and I know ho frustrating it can be.

Thanks Fred !!........ here is a list I am keeping over on the ZumoForum..

==============

FJRM

* Zumo Assistant

HOW ABOUT A LIST OF THE PHONES THAT WORK ON A 660

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 11:59:28 AM »

* Modify

* Remove

LET US HAVE A GOOD LIST OF PHONES THAT WORK .. and no posts regarding issues..... keep it short and sweet and to the point....... Phone...... carrier.... car or cycle......cycle set up (starcom or ? ) .. car set-up.

=============================================

..Here is a running list of working phones confirmed by us..... not Garmin..

Blackberrys

Blackberry Bold (9000)

Blackberry Curve 8330... connected to the US Cellular network works great= although on rare occasions the phone book won't show up initially.=5/6/10

iPhone 3G

iPhone 3GS

LG Env Touch

Nokia 6303

Nokia 6230i

Motorola Droid

Nokia N96... through Zumo 660 and then wired to my Starcom advance work good with phone book=5/6/10

Palm Pre... on Sprint seems to work well.=5/6/10

Not working or working with issues.

Nokia N95

Nokia E71

Verizon Omnia

Nokia 6220

Motorola Q9C (issues)

Motorola W766

HTC Hero

Motorola Razr... Two different models both fail with AT&T =5/6/10

Motorola EM330 connects fine with the 660...(tried on 2 different units) but I wouldn't necessarily call it working. Phone book loads fine, too, but everyone on the other line can't understand me or says I sound like I am in a hole or breaking up. = 5/10/10

Samsung u450 Intensity... works good with Verizon, does not work with Telus

==== LAST UPDATED 5/6/10 ====

Thanks for everyones help.....

B...