Installed new PC5 and ran today/ continuesd from other post

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jberlin5

Reaction score
Hey guys, had the chance to run my bike for about 200 miles today trying out the new PV5, I have two maps loaded on it. The base map from FuelMoto and the useless pickles smoothness map from the pc3 that i adapted to the PC5. I ran both of them to day across teh Cherohola sky way and throught Deals Gap ( the dragon) in NC. Wat a differerence they make. Both haveare good however i think for my personal taste i like the useless pikcles map or i guess you could call it the pickles 5 map. IT seem to do a very nice job, took a lot of the on off throttle jerk out gave good mid range very noticable in 3 gear with low rpm to roll on throttle and in 4 the with roll on throttle. The Fuel moto map does not have quite the get up and go in fourth gear as the Pickles 5 map has. Both seem to do a very good job. I did notice better fuel economy with the Pickles 5 map. I will let every one know more as i do a little more riding with it.

Again if any one is using the PC5 out there please let us know what map you are running and how it is working along with what type of extras you have put on, such as pipes ect. I am very excited about comparing the different maps to see who is getting what from the PC5 and how well it is performing for them, Mayber if we share the info we can come up with the ultimate map.

By the way seen a few FJR's at the Dragon today, Thought i would say hi to everyone, thanks for the note Patriot, i wish i would have seen you i would have talked for a little bit.

I would just like to thank everyone for this forum it has a lot of info and some good people on it.

Keep riding and stay safe. :yahoo:

I installed my PCIII and UP map. Frankly, I was disappointed. I rode my neighbors K1200RS with a PCIII and holy smoke, talk about smooth. I was expecting the same thing in the transitions from a standstill thru 3rd. But, it's just not there. I agree, the get-up-and-go is present in the higher gears, but IMHO the smoothness is seriously lacking in the lower gears...

I installed my PCIII and UP map. Frankly, I was disappointed. I rode my neighbors K1200RS with a PCIII and holy smoke, talk about smooth. I was expecting the same thing in the transitions from a standstill thru 3rd. But, it's just not there. I agree, the get-up-and-go is present in the higher gears, but IMHO the smoothness is seriously lacking in the lower gears...
Gizmo. i dont know if the FJR will ever be as smooth as the k1200s. I rode an 07 k1200s, it is a great bike. it also has an on off throttle deal going on with it as well. but other than that it is a whole different world in many ways. When you installed the PC3 did you have to reset the TPS, in the software? I am not sure if you have to do that on the 3 or not. I did have to on the 5. When i got thte map from fuel moto is was pretty smooth in comparison to stock and the UP map may not be quite as smooth in 1st and 2nd gear. But i did notice that i could run in third through very tight twisties and keep it smooth as where it would not do that before. Now is there room for improvement, Always and that is what i am going to work on. Hey if you can get a copy of your friends map i would like to see how it is set up in the grid just for comparison on the fuel input. I know they are two different bikes but i would like to see what they have done to make it smooth and in what areas they have added fuel.

great riding and be safe. :yahoo: