Installed the new Sans windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texan

Rollie Reincarnated
Reaction score
It's warm in God's country this time of year, so I decided to swap out my stock OEM shield for the new Sans windshield. Here's my review:

1. I'm still debating how it looks. Pics are below so you can comment.

2. The view from the driver position is much more clear than with the stock windshield

3. The airflow is MUCH improved. The air comes over the front cowling (which is higher than the Sans shield) and then loops down just a few inches from the rider, causing a nice airflow downward over your torso. The airflow even continues towards your thighs cooling them from the heated frame that we all love.

4. Because of the diminutive size of the Sans, the performance is virtually identical in both full up and full down positions.

I like the way the new Sans shield matches the Sans bags I installed recently. The Sans came stock with my bike. You should have received one as well when you bought your FJR. Installation is identical to any other aftermarket windshield.

I think I'll keep the Sans installed for the summer, switch back to the stocker in the fall and put on the Cee Bailey for the winter.

fjrsans1.jpg

fjrsans2.jpg

fjrsans3.jpg

Looks naked!!!

Also, what type of cleaner do you use?

It works FANTASTIC!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would make a X-small screen from lexan ya can get at home/depo. (made a nice shield for duke out of it)

I think you should try the matching Sans front fender while you are at it too... then you can look like just another rider that ain't done fixing his bike after he crashed it. ..........

or just stop fucking around and get a Ducati Streetfighter or something in that vein.

I do admit though the optical quality of the Sans screen is amazing. Alot like my Sans visor on my helmet..(well to be honest it is a switchable visor, I can switch from the standard visor to the Sans visor with just a flip of my finger.)

Perhaps I can sell you the actual Sans visor I have on hand, It fits any helmet and provides the same optical quality as the Sans windscreen. Only $50.00 and the shipping is free.

KM

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going with lame.

I agree with Johnny80s. You can't start sans-farkling and leave it half-assed, as you did.

We just finished prepping / loading the scoots for track day tomorrow. I'll post pics when we get back but mine looks positively gnarly with the headlights & taillights taped bright blue and the lighter weight sans-R windscreen. I can't believe they actually had everything in-stock but I found a local distributor for the sans-R fairing lowers & mirrors.

looks like Mad Max meets Toys R us, lol

I am going with lame.

I agree with Johnny80s. You can't start sans-farkling and leave it half-assed, as you did.

We just finished prepping / loading the scoots for track day tomorrow. I'll post pics when we get back but mine looks positively gnarly with the headlights & taillights taped bright blue and the lighter weight sans-R windscreen. I can't believe they actually had everything in-stock but I found a local distributor for the sans-R fairing lowers & mirrors.

looks like Mad Max meets Toys R us, lol
Pics please, and a track day update as well.

I have heard that the omission of Locktite makes it very easy for the stock bags to transform into Sans bags. Can anyone confirm?

Pics please, and a track day update as well.
I just submitted a post: Track Day FJR VS R6

and I will try to figure out how to post pics. I guess I'll google "photo bucket" and see what I can learn. (I've never done the forum thing before 2 weeks ago)

I like the look of the Sans luggage. But they don't seem like they'll hold as much as the regular bags.

This whole thread reminds me of the old Wonder Woman TV series. Do you remember that invisible airplane?

Invisibleplane.jpg

I have heard that the omission of Locktite makes it very easy for the stock bags to transform into Sans bags. Can anyone confirm?
I can confirm that if I hadn't done the locktite when I did, I would have had the same color sans bags as shown in the photo.

Art

I can confirm that if I hadn't done the locktite when I did, I would have had the same color sans bags as shown in the photo.

Art
Hi Art

do later gens have different bag mounts than my 03? I don't really see where locktite can be applied in my case (no pun intended)

oops, my bad. That's why god invented the search engine