Installing new Sonic Fork Springs on G2 08?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwfox

Reaction score
Ok. I got the forks out. I got the Rt one apart and the oil and oe spring out. The new Sonic spring is almost 3" longer than the oe. I can't see how that will work with the stock spacer. Is the spring wrong or am I supposed to cut down the little rod spacer?

Bert

Ok. I got the forks out. I got the Rt one apart and the oil and oe spring out. The new Sonic spring is almost 3" longer than the oe. I can't see how that will work with the stock spacer. Is the spring wrong or am I supposed to cut down the little rod spacer?Bert
I see how I should cut down the cartridge rod spacer to fit the new spring. I just didn't want to start wacking. :blink:

Bert

Did any installation instructions come with the springs? If not, call Sonic and get their recommendation before cutting anything. I went to the Sonic site and no joy, not one word about installation.

Typically with longer springs, you would cut down the spacer rod. You need Sonic to tell you how much.

Good Luck.

--G

BTW -- These are hefty springs, which rate did you get?