Instructions for Gen 3 (ABS) front and rear wheel remove and replace ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faster675

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I used the print out of the Gen 1 instructions a million times (alright, only 10 tire changes or 50K miles or so) ...

... I've searched, and I can not find detailed instructions for Gen 3 wheel R&R (with ABS)

After reading of some people having problems with lining up the ABS sensors, and breaking them,

I really would like to have directions on the right way to do it (just like the Gen 1 instructions I got from this site a bunch of years ago)

Is there this type of instructions available for Gen3 ABS wheels ? Where ?

(I have the FSM)

I need to swap tires this weekend ... 4500 gentle miles at 36/42 psi, and the bridgstones are on the wear bars

Thank You All
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
... I've searched, and I can not find detailed instructions for Gen 3 wheel R&R (with ABS)
After reading of some people having problems with lining up the ABS sensors, and breaking them,

I really would like to have directions on the right way to do it (just like the Gen 1 instructions I got from this site a bunch of years ago)
I think you're referring to the FJRTech article external to the site, but with long-time admin Warchild. As he's getting a newer Gen 3...you might ask him to update his article.

Alternatively, I suggest going back to one of the existing threads you're talking about and rereading them...and if it doesn't answer your question...to post questions in one of those instead of starting yet another thread that you did.

Alternative to the alternative, suggest an entry in the Gen 3 FAQ thread owner if it's not already there.

Last edited by a moderator: