Instrument Cluster Units

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMB

Reaction score
I don't have an FJR (yet!) so I need your help. Is it possible to switch the instrument cluster display from US units (miles, def F, etc) to metric units (Km, deg C, etc)? With everything electronic you would think this would be easy to do and Yamaha would incorporate it into the instrument cluster. Thanks for the help.

Chuck

I don't have an FJR (yet!) so I need your help. Is it possible to switch the instrument cluster display from US units (miles, def F, etc) to metric units (Km, deg C, etc)? With everything electronic you would think this would be easy to do and Yamaha would incorporate it into the instrument cluster. Thanks for the help.
Chuck
I don't think there is and option for switching between units of measure. The speedo does show Kmph on a secondary scale. Pretty hard to read though, because it's so small.

The GenI (03-05) US bikes can switch from miles to Km for the odometers, GenI non-US bikes can't change to miles.

I would think the GenII bikes would be the same but I'm not sure.

Try looking around in the FAQ section.

Chuck
Not on Canadian machines.

The only selectable options are whether you get your fuel instant and average economy readout in l/100km or km/l.

Having a DTE value would be nice.

Last edited by a moderator: