instrument panel glare

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jyro

Reaction score
On my way home I'm getting some narly glare. Has anyone done something to minimize this. I did try closing my eyes but the glare goes throw my eyelids plus the danger factor.

Last edited by a moderator:
On my way home I'm getting some norly glare. Has anyone done something to minimize this. I did try closing my eyes but the glare goes throw my eyelids plus the danger factor.
Dude just go home a different way. :yahoo:

R

On my way home I'm getting some norly glare. Has anyone done something to minimize this. I did try closing my eyes but the glare goes throw my eyelids plus the danger factor.
In the Marines we use to dunk our glasses in muddy/murkey water. The dirty film left killed most of the glare. Worth a shot anyway, if it's not clean it can't reflect light.

On my bike the sunlight can reflect badly off the silver trim instrument cluster at the wrong season/time of day. That must be why the '08 trim is black. I hoping if I never wash it, maybe it will not reflect so bad.

I scratched it with a tree branch and plexus. Then I polished it out and know I have the glare so I should rub some dirt on it? I hope some one has a better answer.

I have been seriously considering masking everything off and painting it with some Krylon plastic paint.

Will probably have to use liquid masking film in order to hold the fine lines necessary to do a good job.

Also considering painting just the upper-flat surfaces rather than the entire panel.

I scratched it with a tree branch and plexus. Then I polished it out and know I have the glare so I should rub some dirt on it? I hope some one has a better answer.
There's the problem. You polished it. Glad I could help B)

I guess I can actually ne helpful :p

You could try Flat Clear Paint. The flat should be enough to kill the glare. Pure assumption as I've never tried it myself.

Something permanent could look lousy permanently if not professionally applied. Sunglasses, dark visor, or something that could be removed later.