Insurance - Pleasant Surprise!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjohnsd

2021 BMW R1250GSA
Reaction score
I received a call from my American Family Agent this morning, he advised me that they have revised their Motorcycle Insurance program and that he thought it would be beneficial for me to switch.

New plan, including Emergency Road Service is $126 per YEAR.

Old Plan, without Emergency Road Service was $232 per YEAR.

Worth checking out folks!

^^^ what he said.
punk.gif

Which by the way, I am looking forward to doing again in a week or so!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't ride with Fester, I ride with FESTAR

I don't know who Fester is, but I think he might be one of the two guys with the sheep the other day.

Over $700.00 per year for full coverage/ 500 deductible here in Michigan on the same bike. They tell us we are lucky....what with no fault and unlimited medical. However I don't believe the unlimited applies to motorcycles!
dribble.gif
dribble.gif
dribble.gif

Unless you have the same coverage and the same deductible levels and limits, its like reading an MCN comparo. And then there is the actual claims service, and that varies too.

Usually in the world you get what you pay for ... or less.

If you need insurance in order to be legal, low price is OK. But if you actually need insurance to protect your assets, the price is just the tip of the ice berg.

That's why I've stuck with State Farm for so long. We don't have the lowest rates, but we're far from the highest rates. What we do have is great coverage, that other agents quoting us rates have said, we will have a hard time matching.

Over $700.00 per year for full coverage/ 500 deductible here in Michigan on the same bike. They tell us we are lucky....what with no fault and unlimited medical. However I don't believe the unlimited applies to motorcycles!
dribble.gif
dribble.gif
dribble.gif
Same here in Toronto! And that's WITH my multi vehicle discount.

good deal on your rate. we have to compare apples to apples to make sure we are talking about the same thing

I just got a nice surprise with my Insurance. State farm. only insurance I have had for 48 years. they may not be the cheapest but they have always been fair with me. and now motorcycle towing is in included at no extra charge.

anyway on with my good news. I lived in Wyoming for many years and when I retired 5 years ago my wife and I moved to Colorado. its a pretty state.....but..... the cost of living is not that great, anyway long story my wife became sick a year ago and did not survive. now that I am alone, I decided to move back home to Wyoming. today would have been our anniversary 35 years

anyway my 2014 Gmc 2014 Outback 2014 FJR same coverage as I had in Colorado and now have in Wyoming is 500 bucks a year cheaper now that I am away from the pot smokers. this is a good thing. to be cheaper and be away
no.gif

good deal on your rate. we have to compare apples to apples to make sure we are talking about the same thingI just got a nice surprise with my Insurance. State farm. only insurance I have had for 48 years. they may not be the cheapest but they have always been fair with me. and now motorcycle towing is in included at no extra charge.

anyway on with my good news. I lived in Wyoming for many years and when I retired 5 years ago my wife and I moved to Colorado. its a pretty state.....but..... the cost of living is not that great, anyway long story my wife became sick a year ago and did not survive. now that I am alone, I decided to move back home to Wyoming. today would have been our anniversary 35 years

anyway my 2014 Gmc 2014 Outback 2014 FJR same coverage as I had in Colorado and now have in Wyoming is 500 bucks a year cheaper now that I am away from the pot smokers. this is a good thing. to be cheaper and be away
no.gif
Don, Very sorry to read of your loss, 35 is a big number. That extra 500 a year can go for gas in the FJR and some good riding.

n7myr included this bit of information above, but I missed it when he posted it.

I have always had State Farm coverage on my bikes, even though they never offered roadside assistance on bikes. But they do now! And at no extra charge! As long as you have comprehensive coverage, that is. YAY!

Just got the insurance increase for my 2015ES. Up 93.52 per year from the 2004.

I called my agent and he is looking into the rate. Consequently he sub insures it with Progressive.

So he really has no control over it.........at least that is what he says.